"Ruggie and Rook asked me to check up on the guys in here." Jack answers. "What about you, Professor Crewel?"

"I heard a pair of pups from my class got injured. Really, how can these whelps be so foolhardy?" Crewel gives you another glance over. "On second glance, I see Y/N has some minor injuries. Come here. I can patch up simple scrapes."

Crewel leads you into the room. You gasp when you spot Deuce and Ace lying in the beds, still unconscious. Your heart feels like it's breaking all over again.

Epel glances over at you. He stands in between the two beds, watching over the boys. "They haven't woken up yet."

"Should you be up, Epel?" Jack asks as he walks over to him.

"I'm fine." Epel holds his arm. "Still a little shaky but that's all."

Crewel walks over to you with some bandages, gesturing for you to take a seat. "I analyzed the residual traces of the spell they cast on you. It was designed to stun. Unfortunately, you sustained greater injuries because of where you fought."

Epel tilts his head. "What do you mean, Professor?"

"I mean, enemies and friendlies alike are bound to get hurt when you fire off magic in an old, derelict building." Crewel answers as he bandages your scratches. "Freshmen would have a hard time using attack magic while simultaneously trying to shield themselves from falling debris. Surprise battles require the coolest of heads. Otherwise, you'll wind up like they did."

Epel chuckles. "You do have a point. I do remember a bunch of debris falling during the fight."

You nod as you recall the fight. "Yeah, those spell blasts sent glass shards flying everywhere."

"This is the problem with bad boys who act without thinking." Crewel grumbles. "I plan to train them all over again when they wake."

"But they did it to save Grim and the others..." Epel tries to reason.

"Their reasons are irrelevant." Crewel waves a hand. "It's a trainer's job to scold pups when they do something phenomenally stupid. They got off lucky this time. What if those soldiers had cast lethal spells? Things would've ended much differently then."

"You're right. I'm sorry." Epel sighs. "Vil must've known that, which is why he ordered the freshmen to stay back. An' then Ah went an' made an idiot outta mahself. An' what do Ah got show for it? A big ol' whoopin', that's what. They hauled Vil and the others off, an' all Ah could do was stand an' watch."

You nod, relating to Epel's words. "It was a harsh reminder that I can't do anything by myself. I felt so useless."

Jack stares at your defeated form. He places a comforting hand to your shoulder. "You're not useless, Y/N. No one can do everything right out the gate."

You look to him in surprise. "What do you mean, Jack?"

"The housewardens and vice housewardens didn't start out as amazing mages." Jack explains. "They went through trials of their own, and that's what made them stronger. Moping about what you couldn't do isn't gonna help matters. What can you do now? That's what we should be focusing on."

"Nicely said, Howl. That's the right attitude. The faculty will look into what we can do about our abducted students and the headmage." Crewel finishes tying off the last bandage. "There. That should do it."

Crewel stands. "Felmier, Y/N, I expect you both to rest and recuperate for now."

Epel nods. "Yes, sir. I can walk now, so I'll head back to my dorm."

"I'm not seeing any Savanaclaw students here, so I'd best get back too." Jack says.

"Professor Crewel, please take good care of Ace and Deuce." Epel asks.

Crewel rolls his eyes. "Please, don't insult me. These pups are under my supervision. Of course I'll take care of them. That goes for Y/N as well, and Grim, of course. All the 1-A students are pups under the tutelage of the great Crewel." He sighs. "Listen, pups. The adults will figure out what to do next. So stay put and don't get any funny ideas."

"Yes, sir."

You walk down Main Street with Jack and Epel. You glance uneasily at the statue of the King of the Underworld. From your dream, Hades doesn't seem to be up to anything good.

Jack looks to you. "Say, Y/N. Since Ramshackle's all busted up, where are you gonna stay?"

"Oh, I didn't even think about that." You scratch the back of your neck. "I think my room is still intact so I think I'll still be good."

Jack shakes his head. "There's no way I'm letting you stay there. With how much damage Ramshackle took, that place could fall over any minute."

You sigh. "Yeah. That's true."

"Hey, Y/N?" Epel shyly looks to the floor. "You should stay at Pomefiore until Ramshackle gets fixed up. That's what Vil would say if he were here... I think."

Jack nods. "Yeah, I could see him saying that."

Epel chuckles. "Okay, then come on over to Pomefiore. I'm sure Rook will welcome you with open arms!"

You smile warmly. "Thank you, Epel. I'll have to make it up to you guys somehow."

Epel smiles as he waves you off. "Don't mention it. You don't have to do anything. It's what friends are for."

You walk into the Hall of Mirrors. Jack waves as he walks towards his dorm mirror. "All right, catch you later."

"Yeah, later. Thanks for coming along, Jack." Epel sighs. "It's been a long day.

You nod. "Yeah, tell me about it."

Stretches his arms. "Time to head back to the dorm, get a shower, and-"

Before you could make it any further, something collides hard into you, sending you to the floor.

"Ow..."

"Zute allure!"