Riddle's Croquet Lessons

You pace around in the foyer of Ramshackle dorm. Feeling very bored and unsure what to do. You pull out your phone and to your dismay, time seems to move ever slower.

You let out a sigh and flop onto the couch. You bring your phone to your face, trying to figure what to do. You think back to the unbirthday party you had with Riddle and how you said you'd play croquet with him.

You send Riddle a text asking if he'd want to teach you how to play. You set the phone down, not expecting an answer anytime soon. But to your surprise, Riddle answers almost immediately. Excitedly picking your phone back up, you see Riddle says he'd love to and you can come over to Heartslabyul anytime.

You eagerly send him a reply saying you'll head over. You smooth the ruffles on your clothes, grab your bag and head over to the Mirror Chamber.

Upon entering the Heartslabyul gates, you see Riddle waiting by the fountain. He sees you walking over to him and he gives you a kind smile.

"Welcome Y/N. I'm so happy you decided to play croquet with me today."

"And I'm glad you're still willing to teach me."

"Of course. I always keep my promises."

Riddle holds out an arm for you to take. You wrap your arm around his, hoping he doesn't see the blush creeping along your cheeks. Riddle leads you to a table decorated with an elegant tablecloth with an assortment of delicious treats and a beautiful white teapot with a purple lid and a golden handle and matching cups.

"If it's alright with you, I thought we could enjoy some tea before we play."

You smile at Riddle. "Of course Riddle."

Riddle smiles back at you. He pulls out a chair for you and takes his seat next to you. Riddle pours some tea into yours and his cup. You bring the cup to your lips, smelling the sweet aroma from the tea.

"Are you enjoying your time here at Night Raven, Y/N?"

You put the cup down and turn to Riddle. "I definitely am! This is by far the most exciting school I've ever been to."

Riddle smiles at your enthusiasm. "I'm glad it's to your liking. Do you like any of your classes?"

"Potion making is fun, and getting to fly on a broomstick is really cool! Though some of my other classes are a bit challenging for me."

"We'll I can help with that. I excel in all of my classes so I can help you study with anything you're stuck on."

"I appreciate the offer but I can't have you helping me and take you away from your own studies."

"Nonsense." Riddle places a hand on top of yours. "As a Housewarden, I have a responsibility to help all my fellow students."

You tilt your head. "But I'm not in Heartslabyul though."

"What dorm you belong to shouldn't matter when you need help. I'll happily help you with your schoolwork."

You smile appreciatively at him. "Thank you Riddle."

Riddle smiles back. "You're welcome."

When you finished your tea, Riddle brought you over to where the croquet game was set up. Riddle hands you a mallet but you're shocked to see that it was a real flamingo. You stare unsure at the pink bird who stares back at you quizzically.

"What's wrong?" Riddle asks.

"Oh, it's just..." You tilt your head. "I didn't think you used actual flamingos."

"Do they not use flamingos where you're from?"

You stare at the bird. "You can say that."

"Here, let me show you."

Riddle hands you the flamingo, you holding onto its legs. The bird stays surprisingly still as you hold it upside down. Riddle pressed his chest to your back as his hands wrap around yours, showing you how to swing the mallet properly. Your cheeks start to flush from how close he is.

"There, now I'll get the hedgehogs."

"Hedgehogs?"

Riddle returns with two colored hedgehogs. One red and the other purple. He places them on the ground and they curl up into balls. Riddle lines up his shot.

"Uhh, this doesn't hurt the animals does it?" You ask out of concern.

Riddle smiles. "Don't worry. They quite enjoy playing croquet as well."

Riddle knocks his red hedgehog through the hoops placed on the ground. You give Riddle a little clap at his skill.

"Now you try."

You step to your hedgehog on the ground. You line it up like Riddle did and knock the hedgehog next to Riddle's.

"Not bad Y/N."

"Why thank you." You give Riddle a mock curtsy.

As you continue to play, you start becoming more confident and really started to enjoy the game. Riddle was a good teacher, and you found herself laughing and teasing him when you made good shots. You were having so much fun, you didn't notice the time flying by. You managed to win the game but Riddle secretly let you win.

"Oh my gosh I won my first game!" You cheer. "That was so much fun! I can't wait to do it again."

Riddle smiles. "Me too."

After putting the game away, Riddle takes your hand and offers to walk you back towards the your dorm. You and Riddle laugh and talk about each other the whole way there.