An After School Mission

"All right, where's this guy who hurt his ankle!"

   Early the next morning, you and Grim walk into the nurses office before classes start. Upon walking into the room, you see students laying on beds lined throughout the whole room. Practically every bed is occupied with students who were mysteriously injured. You spot one of Heartslabyul students who has the most recent injury and his friend is sitting in a chair next to him. You walk over and give them a friendly wave.

   "Hey, it's the ones from Ramshackle House! They were at the unbirthday party! What are you guys doing here?"

   Grim looks to you and smirks. "Get a load o' that! We're totally famous!"

   You shake your head and look back to the two students. "We'd like to ask about your accident."

   The student on the bed puts a hand to his head. "I wish I knew what happened myself, man. I was walking along, talking to my friend. And next thing I knew, BOOM! I was tumbling down the stairs."

   The student beside him nods his head. "Yeah. I didn't even see him stumbling or anything."

   "It was like my body just lurched forward by itself. I can't really explain it."

   Grim puts a paw to his chin. "Hm. Hmmm. Interesting. Veeery interesting."

   You smile kindly at the injured boy. "Thank you. I hope you get better soon."

   The boy's cheeks redden. "Uh, thanks."

   "Hey, you. You had an accident and almost got hurt real bad, right? Give us the deets."

    You walk into a classroom and Grim immediately starts interrogating the Pomefiore students there. The two look at you and Grim suspiciously.

   "And why should I answer to you, exactly?"

   "He was in peak condition for the Spelldrive tournament and got hurt so bad that he can't even play now!"

   "And you're here to... what, rub salt in my wound? We throw down the gauntlet! Duel us!"

   You back up and hold out your hands defensively. "I'm so sorry to upset you, but we just wanted to check if you're okay."

   The two look to each other in surprise. They look back to you, the hostility gone from their eyes.

   "You? Came to check on us?"

   You nod honestly. Sure you were sent by Crowley but you were concerned about those who were injured.

   "All right, then. I'll give you the skinny."

   "It happened in the laboratory." The other student began. "We were boiling up a potion when his hands suddenly shot out and grabbed the screaming hot cauldron. He dumped out every last drop. It was bizarre! Made a real mess too."

   The injured student glowers at his friend. "Oh, so YOU'RE gonna do all the talking?"

   "Hm. Hmmm. Interesting. Veeery interesting." Grim says.

   "Hope you feel better soon." You smile at the injured student, causing him to blush.

   "I dunno, this just looks like a bunch of absent-minded kids hurtin' themselves to me."

   Grim flops onto the couch in your dorm's foyer. You put a hand to your chin, thinking about what the students told you.

   "If there's a scandal here. I ain't seein' it!"