Feelings Reconciled

"Y/N!"

You slowly flutter your eyes open. You see departing storm clouds and the bright sky. You bring a hand to your head. The ground beneath you shifts and you realize you're not laying on the grass.

"She's back!" You hear Ace call out.

You see Ace looking down at you, worry all over his face. A blush creeps onto your cheeks when you realize Ace is holding you, you're head resting against his chest. You sit up and you see Carter, Trey and Deuce surrounding you and Riddle, all looking worried.

"Well, it's about time." Carter breaths a sigh of relief. "We were just about losin' our heads here, figure of speech, sorry, 'cause we thought you might never wake up!"

Riddle sits up, holding a hand to his head. He's no longer covered in ink and wears his dorm uniform again.

"What in the world happened...?" He asks in a daze.

Crowley steps closer to Riddle. "Ah, Mr. Rosehearts and Y/N appears to have regained consciousness. Excellent."

Trey helps Riddle stand. "Don't worry Riddle. Just try to rest."

Ace glowers at Trey as he helps you up, holding onto your hand. "Yo, that's just the sort of coddling that led to him going nuts in the first place! Now the garden is tore up from the floor up, not to mention that we could've died!"

Ace was right. Rose bushes were tossed to the ground as well as paint buckets spilled red paint everywhere. Dirt and debris litters the floor. It no longer was the beautiful rose garden when you first came here.

Deuce puts a worried hand in your shoulder. "He's right. It was looking bad for a while there."

Grim folds his arms. "For cryin' out loud. When you humans let that stress build up, the results sure ain't pretty."

You smile appreciatively at Deuce and Ace. Glancing back at Riddle, you see he has his head bowed.

"The truth is, I... I really wanted to eat the chestnut tart."

Ace tilts his head. "Huh?"

"And I don't care if the roses are white, or the flamingos are pink." Riddle continues. "And I prefer honey to sugar cubes in my tea, and I like milk tea better than lemon tea anyhow. And after a meal, I want to be the one sitting around talking with everyone..."

"Riddle...?" Trey asks.

"And I really wanted to play with you and Che'nya more, Trey." Riddle sniffs as tears form in his eyes.

Carter looks shocked. "Riddle Rosehearts, in tears... Hashtag #WOW."

"You think a few crocodile tears is all it'll take for me to forgive you?"

You nudge Ace with your elbow, Deuce shakes his head at his dorm mate. "Give the guy a break, Ace."

Trey puts a supportive hand to Riddle's shoulder. "I'm sorry, Riddle. I knew you were suffering, and all I did was pretend not to notice."

Riddle doesn't say anything as his tears roll down his cheeks. Trey continues. "So I'm gonna say what I should have said earlier. Your way of doing things was wrong, and you owe everyone an apology."

"I'm sorry... I'm really sorry." Riddle wipes the tears on his face.

"I know I've been saying I wanted an apology from Riddle, but now that I got one, y'know what?" Ace says. "One stupid I'm sorry doesn't even come close to making up for what he did!"

"DUDE! Way to be a capital-J Jerk!" Carter says to Ace.

Ace only folds his arms. "And proud of it! Have you forgotten how he made a total fool outta me? Have you forgotten how he just threw away that chestnut tart we worked so hard on? That ain't something you can make go away with a few tears and a flimsy sorry!"

Grim smirks at Ace. "Wow. I ain't never met anyone who was better at holdin' grudges than I am."

Riddle looks to Ace and to you. He nods. "Then... Then what do you want me to do?"

Ace looks to you, a smile playing on his lips. "You know... I don't got a birthday coming up anytime soon."

"Huh?" Deuce tilts his head, puzzled. "What are you talking about?"

"So I demand a do-over for the unbirthday party! Except this time, we ain't gotta do squat." Ace grins at Riddle. "This time, YOU'RE the one who brings the tart! And no getting Trey to make it for you! Do that, and then things are square between us."

"But you had lots of help making those tarts." You say to Ace. "Just admit you want a tart."

Ace waves you off. "Quiet from the peanut gallery!"

You smile and shake your head. You can't help but laugh at Ace's antics.

"What do you say, Riddle? We clear?"

Riddle nods. "Yes... we're clear."

Crowley smiles and claps his hands. "Ah, yes. Compromise is a beautiful thing. I believe that concludes this matter."

Carter looks around at the destroyed garden. He lets out a sigh. "Welp, looks like we got some cleaning up to do. All that work making the garden Magicam-worthy, and now it's a total tire fire. Laaame."

"I'll help out." Trey volunteers but Carter shakes his head.

"No, why don't you get Riddle to the nurse's office. That was a full-blown case of overblot. We need to make absolutely sure he's okay."

Crowley steps beside Riddle who looks exhausted. "Mr. Diamond is correct. I will go along with you."

"Understood." Trey steps to Riddle's other side. "Thank you, sir."

The two walk while supporting Riddle to the nurses office. Grim's belly let's out a loud growl.

"Man, am I STARVED after usin' so much magic! Hmmm Hey, check it out!"

Grim runs over and picks up a black crystal on the floor. "That's another black magestone, just like the one we found at the Dwarfs' Mine!"

Grim holds it out for everyone to see. Deuce takes a step closer to get a better look. "You're right. Wonder where it came from?"

"Just don't put it in your mouth like last time." Ace says.

Grim shakes his head. "No way. After how great that last one tasted, I can't get that thing in my mouth fast enough!"

Grim shoves the crystal into his mouth before anyone could stop him. You put a hand to your forehead, shaking your head. Carter grimaces.

"Oh, Grimmy... Have some self-respect, honey! That was literally trash."

Grim let's out a satisfied sigh. "Rich and sweet, but with a complex hint of bitterness in the aftertaste. Equally delicious, but with quite a different mouthfeel from that last one I ate."

"Let's hope that doesn't make you sick." You say.

"As a monster, maybe his stomach works differently than ours?" Ace shrugs.

"Even still, eating trash can't be good for anyone." Deuce shakes his head.

"Oooh! I just tried the grass, and the flavor was surprisingly pleasant! Crisp, even!"

"Grim!"

You scoop up the cat before he eats anything else. Grim just smirks smugly.

"That's our lawn! Don't eat that!" Deuce shouts to Grim.

"Uh, A-F-K while I go throw up." Carter looks to you, saying a bit more quietly. "But...seriously, guys. Thanks."

"Did you just say something?" Ace asks.

Carter shakes his head, causing you to smile. "Hm? Nope. Not a thing."