My husband? Huh!

This is for you cupid_cutie12, Hope you like it!
____________________
Scene (Post ep 29)

Khan Murtasim Khan's breath hitched as his wife, Meerab Khan stepped onto the threshold of the terrace to jump off as per his silly requirement for proving her innocence in Mr. Rohail's confession case. For a moment, his heart stopped beating at the thought of losing her forever - he couldn't digest it. And therefore as Meerab gasped out aloud, scared of her fall from the terrace even though she wanted to do it herself to prove herself to her caveman husband, Murtasim Khan's hand automatically stretched out towards her, stopping her from what she was about to do.

'Or make a promise to me,' he voiced out as she turned towards him and gave her hand to his while her one hand held onto his shoulder for support, her mind swirled with anxiousness of what more was he about to ask from her in the name of a promise. 'That you will not meet Rohail anymore,' he finished his uncompleted sentence, making her break her stance.

Pushing him back, she stepped back onto the safe landing of the terrace. She was furious at his demands that she could not bear it anymore.'It is better to jump off from here and die than making a promise to you. You know why?' She asked him as the memories of the past began to play like a movie in her mind and heart.

'Because with death, all promises and confessions break. One will be free from the burden of the promises of loving someone till death, taking care of someone in rich and poverty, from the promises of being happy while the heart cries and the promise of standing stubborn while there's not an ounce of hope inside the heart. One will be free from the captivity of dreams and aspirations that he or she once wanted with death. One will no longer have to be sad about the broken heart that they have to carry throughout their lives with death. And there's a hypocrisy in this promise too. Don't you see it?' Meerab recieved a confused look from her husband. She was tired of the game and was tired of her patience too. She wanted to tell him everything for once and then leave the final decision for him to make - whether it was in favour of her or not.

'You are asking me to make a promise which you yourself won't follow if i ask to make. İsn't it Murtasim Khan?' She questioned him again and this time he retorted.

'Which promise have I not filled that i had made to you?' He uttered gritting his teeth, as his memories too him back to fulfilling his promise of giving her a roof over her head and mainly signing the contract that kept their marriage intact, promising her protection from himself - her protector. Which else promises were she talking about? He thought.

'Leave the promises you may have fulfilled or not fulfilled. Will you fulfill one promise I am gonna ask from you? If you will, I will also fulfill the promise you have asked me to do,' she announced her decree. A stalemate.

'Tell me.' He contained his anger at her audacity. For him, he was just asking a small promise from his wife which she was making a big issue of. But, he wasn't realising that in doing so, he was unknowing questioning the character and upbringing of his voti.

'If you want me to promise you that i will not meet Rohail again, you must promise me you won't meet Haya again even if she comes back to this house. Promise me you won't talk to her again whenever she comes to you openly declaring her love to you. Promise me you will not be in close proximity with her again whenever she comes near you for help with false excuses. Will you fulfill these promises without an argument Murtasim Khan?'

Murtaism was dumbfounded. For him, Haya and Rohail weren't relatable and Meerab's arguing wasn't helping at all. 'Meerab, bakwas mat karo. She is just my cousin, baat khatam. You know it well. Then why-' he was cut off, again.

'I told you the same. Rohail is just my friend, baat khatam. If Rohail doesn't mean anything to me and Haya doesn't mean anything to you, then why do you make a big issue here. Can't you see your own hypocrisy here? You won't stop talking to her because she roams around this house like your queen right in front of your wife's eyes, you won't stop seeing her because she comes to your side 24/7 and there's no one in this house who have the mind to tell her the boundary between a married man and an unmarried woman, and you won't stop going for her rescue when she comes to you to save her from a dirt that went into her eyes, which eventually results in you looking into her eyes and she roaming her hands on your arms and chest am i right. You don't believe me when I say that Rohail is just my friend while you expect me to believe the same in your case? Where's the equality here?Whenever i find you with Haya, i don't make such an issue out of it like you did  today. When you did what i did today with Rohail, there's no problem. But when i do it, you raise the question on my character. Isn't it? Don't you see the irony here?'