Murtasim Khan shohar hai mera 2.0

Part 2 is here!
_______________________

'Meerab, Meerab! Aankhen kholo Meerab. Kya ho gaya tumhe?' His fingers continued to stroke her cheeks, after which they moved to check the temperature on her forehead, cheeks and neck, worried if she had fever. To his surprise, she wasn't suffering from fever. He shook her continuously, trying to wake her up. After a minute of failed attempt, he grew tensed and concerned about her health that he was about to run to the door to inform the other residents of the house that Meerab has lost consciousness.

But before he could move from his spot, Meerab opened her eyes to stare at a Murtasim with furrowed eyebrows who had countless sweat beads on his forehead due of his worries. She smiled at that; he was still the same Murtasim who was always concerned when it came to her.

'Meerab? What happened? Tum theek ho?' He asked her while helping her sit on the bed by keeping his arms around her shoulder and back in.support.

'Haa, main theek hoon,' she tried to wipe out the tension on his forehead with the tips of her fingers with a happy chuckle. Murtasim stood agape at her action, 'Here I was worried about you. And here you are acting like nothing happened!' He complained and she mumbled under her breath, 'Over İnsan!'

After staring at her face a few minutes more to comprehend what was going inside that head of hers, he began, 'Tum kaise theek ho? Abhi toh tum behosh ho gayi!' He again complained, not believing a single word that came out from her mouth. He knew she wasn't well from just looking at her demeanour, while she was trying her best to prove she was fine.

'Tum theek nahi ho Meerab,' he looked at her suspiciously, before his hands came in contact with her skin once again - to check her temperature for the second time, he kept the pad of his hands on her forehead, cheeks and neck. She didn't have a fever, which made Murtasim more confused at the situation at hand. But, Murtasim's hand that was still resting on her neck sent shivers down Meerab's body. İts been a month since he touched her intimately and she felt goosebumps on her arms, as her arms became aware of his touch. Meerab cleared her throat, making Murtasim realize his hand was still resting on her neck intimately.

Removing his hand from her neck, and ignoring the awkwardness between them, he landed his hands on her chin, 'Sach batao Meerab. Tumhe kya hua?' His concern for her was driving her crazy, making her heart beat like a mad woman, creating unknown feelings in her stomach. But, Meerab wanted to clear all the misunderstandings between them before moving forward in their relationship, before revealing him the good news. She didn't want to act happy for the moment and then later regret for not clearing the things out.

'Main theek hu,' she said again, but Murtasim was unconvinced. 'Hum hospital Jaa rahe hai,' his tone was commanding and she pulled back their interwined hands that he was pushing towards the door along with her body, urging her without words to go with him to the doctor. 'Sach me, Murtasim. Main theek hun. I have been drowsy for a few days. I went to the hospital a few hours back with Aunty. I have got the medicines. I will be fine within a few days,' she confessed, making him release a breath of relief.

'Tum sach keh rahe hai na?' He asked and she asked in return, 'Tu mujh par yaqeen nahi karte?' It was clear from her words she was offended. Murtasim smiled at that, his Meerab was still the same. (You are telling the truth, right? You don't trust me?)

The sudden transition from 'tum' to 'tu' surprised him to his core. 'Khud se zyada,' he responded, causing a smile to creep on her face. 'So cheesy!' She teased while he took hold of her hands to keep it above his beating heart. (More than myself)

'Mujhe yaqeen karo Meerab, Tumhare jane ke baad main paagal ho gaya tha. Ask Maa if you want,' he said after a long contemplation. He took one of her hands that was resting on his heart in his own to kiss her knuckles, 'I went so mad that I was trying to hold on to any reason to not kill myself. That's why I formed the formula that you had run away..w-with with Rohail,' he looked at her in guilt. (After you left, İ went mad)