29. birthday

HYUNJIN'S POV:

"Dad, didn't you sing with the other uncles a long time ago? You've never let us listen to them before. Can we listen to it now? Pretty please?" Bae asks, giving Chan puppy eyes. Actually, I'm not even sure if this was Bae or Hae because it's my first time seeing these kids and them being identical twins was only confusing the heck out of me. Felix had asked me to tag along to their birthday party and I was free for the weekend so why not?

"So suddenly? But-"

"THERE'S A WHOLE USB HERE FULL OF IT, KIDS!" Jisung says, opening some drawer and holding out a flash drive.

"Dude, you're literally in those songs. Why do you want to embarrass yourself and us like this?" Chan says, giving Jisung a pleading look. Something seems to click in his head and he slowly puts the USB in his pocket.

"Sorry, wrong USB," he says sheepishly.

"AS IF! HAND IT OVER RIGHT NOW!" Felix commands, holding his hand out. They were clearly lying.

"Yeah, I wanna listen to it too!" I say, really excited. I did know what Jisung was capable of making so I was extra curious about what songs they made together. Felix dives for the USB and Jisung jumps to the side in reflex. He manages to take it out for a moment, before getting shoved aside by Changbin.

Felix falls and pretends to get hurt, and everyone stops for a second to check on him. He winks at me and I get the hint, immediately rushing behind Jisung. In that moment of distraction, I get hold of the USB and hold it up in the air.

"That's not fair, you big stupid giant! Some of us are vertically challenged in here! Chan, you're the tallest out of us, go get it!" Jisung whines. It's funny how in such a short span of time we went from him fanboying when we first met to calling me stupid now. Chan gets a chair to stand on and I piggyback Felix so that he can hold it higher.

Suddenly we hear a thud, followed by loud wailing. We halt everything to go check on one of the girls, who had walked right into a piece of furniture. I quietly pocket the USB before going there. We take some time to get Hae to stop crying, which only happened after we agreed to play hide & seek with her.

"Come on, I hate it! You guys always win hide and seek because you can fit anywhere!" Jisung complains. Everyone laughs at his competitiveness, even with little kids.

JISUNG'S POV:

Why is it so dang hard to find a place to hide in a whole ass mansion? The kids were nearly done with the countdown and I was standing blankly inside a dark room. An idea suddenly strikes me, and I open a cupboard door to hide inside. This should do for now.

"Ready or not, here we come!"

I almost yelp in surprise when I trip over something and fall, landing on something human-like. The human-like thing in question was none other than Minho, fyi.

"Shh, they're gonna hear you!" He whispers, face slightly illuminated by the light peeking through the air vents. We stare at each other, inching closer and closer, until...

"FOUND YOU!" Bae yells, followed by another scream of horror. I nearly lose my life for the second time in the last five minutes when she opens the cupboard door.

"Uncle Jisung...why are you so close to that uncle?" She asks, fidgeting.

"Hey! This uncle has a name, okay?" Minho replies from the side. He's already picked up some sort of beef with the kids, but they didn't seem to mind because he played with them well.

"Whatever," she says, rolling her eyes. Minho looks offended, bringing his hand to his chest in fake surprise. "Why were you with him?" Hae asks.

"Jealous, are we? You might have a crush on him, but he's miiiineee~" he teases them, wrapping an arm around me and blowing raspberries at them. She bursts into tears.