chapter 11

–violet–

I was startled awake by the sound of thunder as a flash of light filled the room. Sitting up and looking around d I found myself alone in Ace's room as it tilted.

All the candles in the room were burning a deep blue color as rain pelted the windows from the outside. Ace was nowhere in sight and I felt lost while sitting in his bed. I should've Been concerned about the storm or even the room changing but my mind was too focused on everything that had happened.

Closing my eyes I could only think about all the things he had said to me before. I had no idea he felt that way... thinking back on it now it seemed so obvious, that He wasn't just obsessed With my body. Ever since he made love to me in the tavern he Was caring and sweet.

As soon as he realized it was my first time his demeanor changed. Perhaps he didn't realize how innocent I was until that moment, And when he did he decided to Take responsibility.

He was always careful while handling me, always observant of my behavior and actions towards him. He could read me like a book from the very beginning and took me in, giving me everything I needed, while I was there fighting him at every turn.

Tears stung my eyes as I thought about all the things he did and said. He gave me solace and cared for me when my own flesh and blood never bothered to. He gave me a fresh start in life, just like I always wanted.

'How could I be so Blind?'

As thunder cracked again outside I jumped a little and looked towards the door. The storm sounded quite violent, and I started to worry a bit about everyone's safety.

Pushing the blanket off myself I found I was wearing The nightgown again and I didn't feel all gross between my legs. Did he clean and dress me?

Shaking my head I got to my feet and found my normal clothes and boots. I quickly got dressed and stumbled towards the cabin door as the ship tilted to the side.

I could hear the men shouting out over the cracks of thunder and lightning before I even managed to open the door. As soon as I stepped out I was pelted by heavy rain and had to shield my face in order to see anything.

Storm clouds surrounded the entire ship as waves higher than mountains rolled across the ocean's surface. The front of this ship plowed through them and ocean water sprayed across the entirety of the deck as we sailed through the storm.

It was a terrifying sight but most of the crew hardly seemed fazed as they focused on their tasks and prioritized tying the sails down to keep stuff from going overboard.

"Korad! Get that rope secured on the east helm now!" Ace called out from the quarterdeck. I stumbled and nearly fell as the ship groaned, hitting another wave head-on.

Steadying myself I grabbed the railing and made my way up to where Ace was steering the ship, Ivan and another sailor were securing a rope close behind him.

It was scary seeing Ace practically smiling as we faced off against the raging hurricane around us. He spun the wheel to the right following the flow of another wave and I quickly grabbed onto the railing as everything tilted, before leveling out once again.

"Come on boys! Get those sails situated! The storms saving us from those bloody blue eastwards who will string us up and hang us from the gallows! We best not waste it unless ye Want your eyes pecked out by the crows!" He shouted.

Looking towards the back of the ship I could see the three naval vessels close behind, chasing us through the storm.

'How did they catch up?! How long have I been asleep?!'