chapter 4

As sunlight shone on my eyes I immediately felt a flash of pain course through my Mind. my head started pounding as I tried to pull the blanket up to block out the light.

"Mrs Jenny, please shut the curtains!" I grumbled from underneath the covers.

I heard no movement or response from my maid and simply did my best to try and fall back to sleep.

Strangely my bed felt– different. And my covers smelt of mahogany and something else? Some kind of spice? Even with it being strange I didn't dislike the scent and found it quite comforting as I snuggled further into my pillow.

Unfortunately, my headache wasn't relenting and it felt like the world was tipping from side to side so my attempt to fall back to sleep was becoming hopeless.

Groaning, I threw the covers off and sat upright, rubbing my eyes as I opened them. As my vision cleared I worried that something was wrong with my eyes because of the sight that lay before me...

Instead of waking up to the room I grew up in with flowery wallpaper, stone columns, my fine wooden dresser, and vanity, my sight was greeted by wooden walls Lined with shelves filled with strange items and bottles. My hand-crafted dresser and vanity were replaced by a large wooden chest and an old desk with a worn fancy chair. Atop the desk was a bowl of incense burning, that explained the strange smell in the room. The sunlight that had been blinding me before was shining through some old red stained glass windows that I did not recognize either. The bed I laid upon was little more than an old raggedy wooden frame piled with numerous luxurious pelts, Blankets, and silks.

I blinked a few times confused before laying back and looking straight up at the wooden ceiling above that had numerous knife marks across its surface.

"I must still be dreaming." after all that was the only logical explanation to what I was seeing right? If I just close my eyes I'm sure I'll wake up to Mrs, Jenny yelling at me to 'get out of bed foolish girl!'. Yeah, none of this is real. It's just a dream. I told myself as I closed my eyes once more.

Minutes ticked by as I waved to hear Mrs. Jenny's voice shouting at me, but all I could hear was the faint sounds of men outside snapping orders at each other.

I squeezed the blankets in my hands and willed those unknown voices to disappear and for me to finally wake up. 'It's not real! This can't be real!'

Feeling the room tilt and my body slipping from threads, my eyes shot open. And I squeaked before trying to claw at the numerous blankets to keep myself from falling. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful And ended up landing none too gracefully on the floor, tangled up in the covers.

It's real! This is definitely real! Frantically throwing the blankets off and freeing my legs from their confines I got up as the room leveled out. What is happening?! Where am i?!

I looked around frantically before rushing over to the stained glass window. They were covered in grime and seemed quite worn like no one had cleaned them in ages so I struggled to see anything through them even while trying to wipe one of the panes clear with my arm.

Managing to clear a small portion of the pane enough to see through it I looked outside to see nothing more than a fast endless sea, no land in sight. No no, this can't be happening, can it? This can't be real!

I backed away from the window shaking my head and grabbing at my hair before turning around to look at the only door in the room. The only exit from Which i heard the multiple voices of men shouting through. My heart raced. in my chest as I continued to freak out, and started pacing back and forth.

I Can't be on a ship right now there's no way! I have no memory of ever boarding one, so how did I even end up here?! Did i get snatched by smugglers?! Are they slave traders!? The last thing I remember is–