-Chapter 13-

(Keith's pov)

"Well,... I'm not taking that back."

Fuck.

I can't stop thinking about what Lance had said, unknowing of my rather... interesting reaction towards it. I mean, of course how should he know, I myself didn't even know what had happened with me. One moment, awkward silence was filling the room like thick air after I told him what he said to me, the next moment my face-, no scratch that, my whole body heats up like a goddamn stove.

Shaking my head, I focused back on the trail we were currently paralleling next to. I noticed that, the further we flew, the more organisms appeared and they also seemed to get a little bit brighter and bigger, but that could also be a result of my hazy brain.

Maybe we should call Shiro and Pidge to report back to them. I told Lance and he agreed, so now we were waiting for Shiro to take the call. After about 15 seconds, he finally picked up and thus broke the awkward silence between Lance and me.

"Hey Keith, Lance, how're you? Anything new?" Shiro's familiar deep voice calmed me down like it always did, and I answered "Yeah we're fine, we're currently following the trail, it doesnt seem to end! How about you? Have you already made contact with the Galra?"

"Yeah, Pidge is currently developing a new defense software so the people on the planet can attack the Galra when they appear again. And we- hey,

H-Hey! Give that back!"

Suddenly, the camera wobbled and then fell down and went black, but then got picked up again by what seemed to be...

a Gangadurian child? It had soft pink and mint colored fur, two long thin tails, big alien like eyes and huge droopy ears. The child grinned at the camera, showing off it's teeth gaps and then began running away with tiny, fast steps that blurred the whole image. I heard Lance stifle a laugh behind me, obviously amused that some Gangadurian child had chosen to steal the camera from Shiro.

We could hear him further away, shouting for the child to stop and chasing it, but it just laughed a very melodic laugh, typical for the Gangadurians, and began running towards a big staircase made of purple wood which apparently led downstairs. We could hear the tipp-tipp-tipp of it's little feet hitting the wood, right after Shiro's thump-thump-thump as he scurried behind the child.

It's very amusing to watch the strong and content Black Paladin Takashi Shirogane try to catch up to the little Gangadurian, but suddenly the chase came to an abrupt halt because the child tripped over the stairs and was sent flying down the rest of the stairs with a sqeal. We could hear Shiro yelling something and then sprint down the stairs to catch the kid.

He caught it just in time before it hit the ground, using his body as a pillow for the little thief to land on. Shiro was breathing heavily and cursing under his breath, but the child was only laughing and shaking the camera, completely unaware of the sudden danger it had put itself in.

We heard Shiro exhale loudly and, after he had quickly stolen the camera back from the child, to it's loud protest, explained:

"We're staying at the house of one of the citizens and the family happens to have 4 small children and believe me when I say this, you have never met someone more hyperactive and excited as them. To be honest, they're kind towards Pidge and me, but they constantly want to steal our things, which I forbid them."

The last words were directed at the little kid which was trying to sneak away to escape Shiro (which is very understandable, he can seem very intimidating when he's even just slightly angry), but then turned around and nodded guiltily. Shiro seemed to regret being so harsh, so he offered "Why don't I show you how to bake some chocolate chip cookies from earth in a bit?"