-Chapter 07-

(Lance's pov)

I grabbed onto Keith's shoulders and after wrestling a bit, I managed to press him under the water, using all of my strength. He was twitching and jerking around, trying to swim from my grasp. After taking a big breath, I dived underwater too, putting both my hands on his chest and pressing him into the floor of the pool. It was already getting hard to breathe, but I wouldn't pull up before him.

With a grin, he suddenly kicked against my tummy and turned us around, still underwater. Now he was sitting on my hips, holding me down. My lungs ached for air, but I couldn't escape him. Keith's hands on my chest felt warm and powerful and his strong legs were pressing against my hips. I was starting to feel a little bit dizzy from the lack of oxygen, the only thing my eyes focused on were Keith's grin and his slender arm and shoulder muscles on top of me. Suddenly, I noticed the kind of position we were in and, with red tinted cheeks, managed to push him off me and swim back to the surface.

As soon as my head broke through the surface, I gasped for air. Once the dizziness disappeared, I grabbed onto the border of the pool and swung myself up, sitting down with my legs still in the water. I took some deep breaths and tried to relax.

Suddenly, Keith surfaced, his black hair sticking to his face. He shook the water off his head, splattering it in every direction. He kinda looks like a wet dog.

------------------------

I had perfected the art of floating, completely weightlessly letting the water carry me across it's smooth surface. My mouth curved into a smile as I let my gaze rest on the high ceiling and I felt the tension from the last couple of days waver. I lazily kicked the water until I was floating in the middle of the big pool and closed my eyes.

I felt my thoughts drifting away as I began to fall asleep, the only sound I could hear was my slow breathing and-  the sound of something paddling towards me with immense speed?!

My eyes darted towards the sound and I jerked my head up, but it was already too late. A big wave hit me straight in the face and water got into my mouth while I was rocked back and forth. I coughed and swam
upright, wiping my eyes to get he water out of them. When my vision cleared, I could see Keith, who had caused the big wave with his paddling, laughing at me. "You-, you look like a wet poodle!" He gave me a lopsided grin and then asked "But seriously, how do you do it? You've been floating for a long time, how come you don't drown?"

Had he observed me all this time?

The corner of my mouth tugged up "It's my special secret, do you wnat to know it?" I answered mischievously. He nodded with, his eyes glinting with determination.

Didn't we agree to stay out of each other's path? But his company is quite fun.

I swam over to him and tried to explain.

(Keith's pov)

He swam over to me, he'll actually explain his technique. "Okay, so in order to float, you have stay completely relaxed, okay? Breathe deep breaths, you can also hold your breath in the first few seconds. Then use your hands to swim up and lie down flat on the water surface. Look, like this." He breathed a couple of deep breaths and then let himself relax backwards. His lower body began to float and just like that, he was "lying" on the water.
He swam upright again "Now it's your turn.

I tried to imitate Lance, laying flat on the water, but I soon noticed that I had to kick the water in order to stay afloat. Suddenly, I began to sink, my mouth filling with water. But before my head was completely underwater, I could feel a hand, holding me up at my neck. Then a second one sneaked itself to my lower back and pushed me up again.