-Chapter 05-

(Lance's pov)

"Lance, behind you!" Pidges words made me spin around and raise my shield just in time to block the spear of the hologram spicking towards my torso. I jumped a few steps back to get some distance between us, quickly taking out my laser gun and aiming at it's swiftly moving figure. Just as it was about to stab me, I shot and hit it directly in it's head, causing the hologram to disappear.

"Great job, Lance! Your aim is way more steady now!" Shiro and the others stood at the opposite of the training deck, observing my fight. Allura had ordered us to train our combat skills, which is why I had just defeated the same stupid hologram for the seventh time today.

Man, I'm glad that was the last time for today. I'm beat.

Wiping the sweat from my face with a towel, I shuffled towards the others to make way for Hunk's training session. I slumped down next to Keith who was leaning against the wall and staring emotionless ahead.

Man, I can never tell what he's thinking, his face is as blank as a sheet of paper.

He was annoying me for the past two weeks, always dodging me and avoiding having to talk to me.

What's up with him lately? Ever since our argument in the kitchen, he had been acting weird towards me. He was always trying not to run into me and talking as little as possible with me, but I'd noticed that he'd sometimes glance at me or let his eyes rest on me when he thought I wouldn't notice. Instead of talking, he just stalks me. Does he have a stick up his ass or what?

I glanced up at his slender figure, trying to figure out if he had turned into a statue yet but my eyes suddenly met his curious stare, because he was also looking down at me. We observed each other, waiting for someone to blink. It was a getting hard to stay emotionless, but I would never admit defeat in a staring contest to that guy.
Never ever.

He was scrunching his brows together, and sticking out his tongue to make me laugh and break our contest, but little did he know I was an expert at whoever-laughs-first.
I began wiggling my ears, a skill my sister had taught me, raising my eyebrows and sticking out my tongue.

He was trying hard not to laugh and it seemed like he'd actually be able to keep a straight face, but then I played my trump card. I opened my eyes wide and stuck out my tongue even more until it touched the tip of my nose. His eyes were widening and he slapped his hand over his mouth to keep himself from laughing, but ultimately couldn't hold it in anymore and broke out into a fit of laughter, holding his tummy. He slid down the wall and sat next to me criss cross style, still laughing.

Wow, I didn't know he'd have a laugh this pretty.

I looked at him in awe, unable to acknowledge my surroundings, only being able to focus on his laugh. He noticed my stare and asked "You're looking at me weirdly. Is there something on my face?"
My cheeks flushed red and I quickly looked away, mumbling that it's nothing. Keith just shrugged with a smile and looked back towards Pidge, who's training unit it was now.

(Keith's pov)

Where the hell had I put my towel again? I normally am a pretty neat person who keeps his room clean, but I didn't have the motivation to clean up the last few days, resulting in piles of clothing and armor piling up. I ruffled through my wardrobe and, finally, found my beloved fluffy towel. I pulled my shirt and pants off and exchanged them with my red swimming trunks.

I could have just showered after the training session, but I haven't visited the swimming pool in so long. I hope I can finally relax in peace and sort out this mess in my head that Lance has caused with his coming out two weeks ago.