-Chapter 08-

(Lance's pov)

-mature content ahead-

How could this happen? I've seen and done a lot of things, so why does a mere bare backside turn me on so much? Especially it being Keith's back, to top it off. I lean against the closed door and contemplate what to do with the obvious bulge under my towel.

Can't I just wait until it goes down? My face begins to feel hot as an image of Keith flashes before my eyes. I hesitantly drop my hand to my towel and loosen it until it dropped on the ground, leaving me standing in my room completely naked. I squeeze my eyes shut and begin to lightly touch my erection, making me shiver instantly. I rub my hand up and down, the only sound in the room my heavy breathing. My mind wanders back to Keith and his slightly defined abs, slender hips, the way his skin shone when it's wet and his sweet, sweet laugh. My face flushes red and I quicken my pace, my head filled with Keith and only Keith.

Suddenly, a soft noise escapes my mouth and I quickly put a hand over it in embarrassment. My knees begin to feel weak and I completely lean on the door, using it as support. I imagined Keith stretching himself, the way he sat on top of me when we were underwater wrestling, his long fingers grazing over me and his ass glistening in the hot shower water. A quiet moan I was unable to stifle escapes my throat and I rub my thumb over my tip, making me shiver in pleasure. My body was aching for more friction and I slide the fingers of my other hand over my hips and abdomen, grazing my nipple with my nails.

Heat build up in my lower stomach and I quicken my pace once more, making me moan louder. As I rub over my nipple and twirl it in my hand, I shut my eyes closed. I think of Keith's hands doing these things to me, his warm breath hitting my body and his fingers around my cock. My head arches back and I sigh heavily. This is driving me insane.

"Lance, you like that, don't you?" imaginary Keith murmures against my ear, causing waves of pleasure to surge through my body. "Ahh!" I can't hold back my moan as my mind flashes me a very vivid picture of Keith under me, naked and curled in the sheets of my bed like an angel. Lust is pulsating through my whole body as I come into my hand with a quiet gasp.

I open my eyes, my face still flushed pink from my high. Sliding down the door and slumping on the floor, I look at my dirty hand and quickly wipe myself clean with my towel. Then realization dawnes upon me. I had just jerked myself off to images of Keith. Keith Kogane. The one I was supposed to hate. And it had felt fucking amazing.

What the fuck have I done?!

(Keith's pov)

'Please come to the command room!' Shiro's voice called the paladins over the intercom.
It had been a couple of days since the elevator incident, and both Lance and me haven't really talked about our weirdly friendly behavior back then. He had mostly avoided me and I decided to do the same. No need to rush blindly into anything head on which I don't even understand myself.

As I arrived in the command room, the others were already waiting. I felt very underdressed, cause everyone was wearing their paladin armor and had a backpack. Well, except Lance of course. He was leaning against the wall tiredly, his hair sticking in all directions and still only dressed in his sleeping shirt and shorts, I guess we had been called here way to early for his liking.

After he got our attention, Shiro explained "We just got an info from the Blades. All over this quartant of the universe, they had tracked down weird energy waves surrounded by small glowing organisms. The waves seem to form a trail."

Pidge interjected curiously "But they pick up such waves all the time. What's so special about this one?"

"That's the thing, these trails have never been spotted before. The energy of the waves is a completely different one that what usually travels through the universe. It's scent doesn't exist in any databank, something completely new. So the Blades made it our task to track down wherever these waves are coming from. We also have to attend a meeting on a civilized planet not far from here and we got a serious call for help from the people of the planet Gangadur to help them against Galran invasions, so we probably have to split up."

Shiro finished while showing us a map of the weird energy trails and our surroundings. Allura then stated "Coran and me have to attend the meeting, so we'll definitely go there. Hunk, do you wanna join us? It's said they have really exquisite culinaries from all over the galaxy there." Hunk nodded, happy to fill up his slowly but steadily emptying
stock of food.

"Then I'll fly to Gangadur and help them. Pidge, you wanna come with me? You need to practice your combat skills and bond more with your lion." Shiro offered her and she agreed, also wanting to help the civilians.

I concluded "Then that only leaves me and ..." I notice that Lance and I are the only ones still left, meaning that we have to work together and sigh "... and Lance left. We'll track down the trail of the energy waves and-"

"What? No, I don't wanna be in a team with that guy!" Lance interrupted rudely, now finally completely awake after hearing what I said. "He's grumpy and always angry, and were probably going to need weeks! Can't I just go to the meeting too?" He pleaded Allura.

"Sorry, but we need at least two people to track it down, in case one of you suddenly can't communicate anymore or something happens. It's safer that way." At that, Lance looks over to me with an annoyed groan, much to Allura's amusement. As he was about to leave the room to finally get dressed, she yelled after him

"Oh, and you also have to share Keith's lion, two would be way to obvious and his is the fastest!" Coran and Pidge seemed to be really amused at the thought of us holed up in a tiny space for a pretty long time and were laughing.

I could hear Lance groan once more
after disappearing into the hallway.

It's going to be such a pain with him. I dare him, if he brings chaos into my stuff, he'll never be able to walk again. (a/n because he'll break his legs, for everyone who thought something else ;)

I went back to my room and quickly grabbed some clothes from my wardrobe, changed into my paladin armor and packed a few more belongings. Considering that it's possible we'll need weeks or even months to find it, I also packed my earphones in my bag, that I was luckily carrying with me when we first left earth. I wouldn't know how to stay calm with Lance always around, but a bit of COH would definitely help me calm down.
(a/n COH is an imaginary futuristic chill rock band that was formed in 2089, it means 'Change of Hearts' and it's Keith's favorite band, even though most would call him oldschool back at the garrison)

I finally zipped my bag up and slung it across my shoulder, then made my way to the command room to get the map of the energy waves. Lance now also was dressed up completely in armor and with a huge bag, but I guess he didn't have time to brush his hair, it was still messed up. Cute.

Shiro gave some final instructions to all of us and handed me the hologram of the waves we were supposed to track down. "We'll stay in touch every two days and report, in case something happens. Lance, here's a special communication device, please send me your progress every day. Then, good luck and please be careful." With these words of encouragement, Lance and I went to my lion and got in. "Hey, kitty, we're going on an adventure. You ready?" I said sweetly and patted my red lion. I could almost hear it purr in my head. The cockpit turned on and the Red lion flew out of the castle.

Looking back, I could see Coran and Allura taking one of the Altean space Shuttles and Shiros and Pidge's black and green lion disappearing. In front of us, empty space, only enlightened by some glowing nebula further away and some stars. "Let's do this. Are you ready, Lance?" I asked the blue paladin who was standing beside me. Finally warming up to the mission, he enthusiastically responded

"As ready as I'll ever be!"

______________________________________

Hope you liked the smut part, it was my first time writing something like this. I promise my writing will get better, so please be patient.
Also, smut will happen sometimes, but I'll always put a warning for everyone who'd wants to skip it. (I know you won't)
For some reason, this chapter seems really short, but it has my average word count of 1500 words, weird.
Anyways, the next chapters will revolve all around Keith's and Lance's mission and maybe they'll get to know each other better, well see.
I hope you have an enjoyable day/night :)
-MrTangerin