Chapter: 20

"Love is an endless mystery,
               for it has nothing else
                      To explain it"
                              ~Rabindranath Tagore

                             ♡

                   •Alessandra
Both Jane and Steve can't tolerate each other for a second. Our hangout was successful. We went for movies, then to the amusement park. It was fun and refreshing. I feel better now. But Steve followed us everywhere we went. He failed to make a good impression in front of my friends which I expected to happen. What is more shocking is, Jane and Steve used to go to the same school. They cannot tolerate each other's presence since then. I don't know why they hate each other though. I entered the bedroom to find Adriano yelling at someone over the phone. I didn't pay any heed to that and went towards the closet room. I was taking my clothes out when I found a drawer open. I went to close the drawer but a framed photo caught my attention. I took it out to find a beautiful woman smiling brightly and a little boy kissing her cheeks. That little boy kind of looks like the smaller version of Adriano and the woman, she looks familiar. As if I've seen her somewhere. But she doesn't look like Gianna. Suddenly Adriano spoke behind me making me jump in surprise. The frame fell on the floor from my hands breaking into million pieces. Adriano quickly bent down on his knees and looked at the shattered pieces then at me in rage, his eyes bloodshot making me gulp in fear. He got up from the floor and walked towards me making me walk backwards. My back collided with the wall behind me, caging me under his gaze.
"Who the fuck gave you the permission to touch my things?" He growled at me making me shut my eyes in fear.
"I wasn't. That drawer was open, I went to close it when I found this picture," I stuttered badly. He gripped my right arm so hard that I hissed in pain.
"Do you realize what you did?" I shook my head while trying to stop the tears from coming out.
"Do you know how precious that is to me?"
I again shook my head.
"Words, Alessandra!" He again growled making me shut my eyes.
"I'm sorry," I stuttered.
"Will your sorry fix this?" He asked making me look at him. The tears I've been trying so hard to stop finally fell making my cheeks wet.
"Go and clean the mess you made, using your hands," he ordered. I gulped then went towards the shattered pieces of glass. I bent down and picked all the pieces but a piece pierced through my skin making it bleed. I looked behind to find him looking at me emotionlessly. He is not even a bit affected by it. I wiped my tears and picked up all the glasses, including the picture. I handed him the picture and went towards the dustbin to throw the pieces. He stormed out of the room with the picture in his hand, closing the door behind him with a thud. I sat on the bed looking at my wrist which is now red not caring about the blood that's flowing from my right palm. It was just a framed picture. It can be framed again. Is this picture that precious to him? And the woman in the picture, she wasn't Gianna, she was someone else. Yet she looked so familiar as If I've seen her somewhere. But where?

I woke up feeling something wet on my shoulders. I tried to move just to find Adriano back hugging me tightly. He is crying? I was the one who got hurt. Why is he crying?
"What are you doing?" I said in a sleepy voice but didn't get any reply. Suddenly he got on top of me, pinning my hands to the headboard. I widened my eyes in shock. He buried his head in my neck and planted a soft kiss there making me shiver at the feeling. He slowly trailed open mouth kisses from my neck to my jaw.
"Shhhh," he whispered in my ear. He is drunk. He nibbled on my earlobe earning a soft moan from me. I quickly covered my mouth with my hands realizing what I did.
"Does that hurt?" He said now looking at my bandaged hand.
"A little," I replied. He took my right hand in his one and softly kissed the bandaged area.
"I'm sorry," he softly whispered looking into my eyes. His eyes filled with guilt.
I stared at him not knowing what to say. He sneaked his hands under my shirt and laid his head on my chest. He softly caressed my lower stomach making my breath uneven.
"Adriano you are drunk," I said trying to move him away from me but he didn't move an inch.
"