Chapter: 06

"Never let the fear of striking out
       Keep you from playing the game"
                                                 ~Babe Ruth

                               ♡

                     •Alessandra•
It's been almost a month of Uncle Chris training me. Though he said he is just going to teach me self defense, but I don't think what he taught me is just self defense. It feels like I'm going on a battle. It is a battle tho. Not for the country or for the world but for my dad. All there is left for me to learn is how to swing a sword and how to use a gun which I believe he is going to teach me very soon.

It was quite hard at first. I felt helpless at first but now it seems like a cakewalk. But I bet it won't be as easy as I think It is since I haven't got to face the real fight yet. I now know how to use a knife. Uncle even gifted me a pocket knife. It's kind of cute I must say. I like it.

I don't want to hurt anyone to be honest and to kill someone is beyond my imagination. Just gonna hurt them if they try to get in my way.

"You are not focusing Alessandra," uncle said pulling me out of my trances. I really can't focus today.
"Let's take rest for a while. Come and sit here." I took a seat on the couch beside him and he passed me a bottle of water. I thanked him and drank a bit from it.
"What's wrong? You can tell me if something is bothering you."
"Nothing is bothering me uncle. I'm fine." I said smiling a little.
"I hope you are not regretting your choice Alessandra. There is still time. Tell me if you don't want to do this."
"Did my dad step away from helping Anna despite of knowing that Arnald was a 'De Santè'? No right? Then why should I?"
Uncle looked at me and smiled,
"He was also like this. Never afraid from the danger." He stayed silent for a while and said, "We might not make it alive Alessandra," he said looking at me. "We might not be able to get out of there alive. Do you still want to do this?"
"I want answers uncle. I want to know why he killed dad. I want to know why he made him a druggist. He could have made his death look like an accident but he made him a culprit in front of the whole world. Because of Arnald I cannot go out of the house without hiding my face. Carl has been so eager to go to school again. But I can't let him. I'm afraid, I'm afraid that other students might make fun of him, might mock him. He won't be able to take it uncle. He is still a child."
"I understand Alessandra. I also want to serve Derek justice. I also want to know they did that to him." He dusted off his trousers and said,
"C'mon C'mon! Get up," he said while getting up from the couch
"We have very little time left and you still have a lot to learn."
"More? You've got to be kidding me. I thought I learned everything already."
"It's not enough. There is barely a week left. No more excuses." He said putting on his boxing gloves again and passed mine to me. I still wonder what this has to do with learning boxing. I don't mind though. I've always wanted to learn this.
"Do you know Karate?" I said dodging his attack.
"I do," he replied keeping his focus on me.
"Tell me something you don't know," I said sarcastically.
"Well I don't know cooking," he said while laughing.
"I don't know either minus baking," and we both laughed. Training with him is fun. If I make a mistake then he will rectify it happily. He isn't like one of those strict mentors who are like if you don't obey me then you will be punished. He is sweet and kind. Which is why I like him.
"You are a quick learner Alessandra. It took me months to learn all of this and you managed to learn everything in a month."
"I told you I'm a quick learner. By the way did you plan anything?" I said dodging his attack again. I've gotten better in this. I thought I suck at multi tasking but now it doesn't feel like that. I can focus on fighting while talking.
"I did. I got an information that a cleaning team goes there every night after the employees go home. Though they have guards keeping an eye on the cleaners. We can disguise like them and enter easily."
"How many?"
"10 to 12 cleaners."
"Won't they find out?"
"They won't if we are clever enough. There is a company whom they have a contract with. That company sends the cleaners there everyday."
"Why not at morning? Why at night?"
"I told you they run their illegal business through that building. They definitely wouldn't want some outsiders to know what's going on inside."
"Right! But how are we going to manage 10 to 12 people when we are only two?"
"Leave that to me," he said winking. I took the chance and kicked of the helmet from his head. He suggested that we should wear helmets to prevent hurting each other physically. I know he did that for me, so I don't get hurt.
"I thought you said you can't ask for help," I said taking off my helmet.
"I said I can't take help from the headquarters but I never said I can't take help from my friends," he said grinning.
"Damn! But won't we be risking their lives?"
"No, I've got one of my friend inside the gates. He has disguised himself like a guard. He didn't get caught yet. He will show them the safe way to get out while we will do our work. We just need my friends to prove them we went there for cleaning."
"Well that's impressive. But I've a question. Why don't they hire their own cleaners? I mean why from a company?"
"That company is debted to them. It's their way of paying them I suppose."
"Just how long their hands are? I literally want to cut em' off right now," I said being annoyed.
"You will have to wait a few days more."
"I just can't wait. It'll be so much fun to be able to fool them." I said smirking.

                          •Adriano•
There are only 11 days left to bring a girl and present her to papà. I feel exhausted. I gave the responsibility to Xavier to find a girl for me and I like none of them. Most of them just want to get in my pants and some of them are so annoying that I just can't explain. They try to act cute thinking it could melt me. Melt my ass! It fucking disgusts me! Some of them wants me for my money. Fucking gold diggers. I just can't take this shit anymore. I'm on the verge of murdering someone and I'll be very glad if I get to murder my own father.
"Her name is Alanda-
I cut Xavier off before he could even finish that Amanda or falanda's name.
I don't want to deal with this crap right now. It reminds of me of my vulnerability. I hate feeling vulnerable and unfortunately that's what I'm feeling for the past few days.
"Tell me about something else. How is everything going?" I said boringly while solving the rubic cube. It takes me a minute to solve this but I'll go a little slow this time.
"Everything is fine. But there is something which I'm not sure if I should tell you."
"What it is it?" I said focusing on the cube.
"Mark is suspecting a guard of 'Estasi'. He says that he has never seen him working there before." I paused solving the cube and looked at him, "Did he interrogate him?"
"No, not yet. He was saying that he is going to interrogate him today. I told him to finish him off."
"No, don't kill him yet. He has showed the nerves to get in there means he has a purpose and I believe he didn't went there to steal. Keep an eye on him. He is definitely not alone in this and don't hide anything happening on, 'Estasi' from me alright?"
"I got it Adriano," Xavier replied while keeping his eyes to the ground. I don't understand why he fears me so much.
"Now you can take your leave. Keep me updated," I said dismissing him.
He respectfully bowed and exited my office room.
I looked at the half solved rubic cube.
"Who could it be trying to play a hide and seek game with me? Whoever it is, it's gonna be fun." I said smirking