Chapter: 19

How dull the rose's painted
lustre,
As bees gossip, all mistrust her,
Window taps on stormy nights,
Aphids swarm as suckling mites.

Once buds entwined at Nature's hip,
Now cleft in two and water-dipped,
Glass-twisted strangest shape,
Mauve-petalled mausoleum draped.

Neglected drops in muted drought,
The bloody thorns scratch about,
A lush finger in withered point,
Pruned stem of glum conjoint.

Cataclysms from petty faults arise;
Reflection pardoned in imperfect
Eyes
~This Elixir Smites
by Stewart

Alessandra

"Mrs. Alessandra De Santè, come to the principal office right now," I chocked on my drink hearing the announcer. The whole cafeteria is looking at me wide eyed along with my friends.

"Mrs. Alessandra De Santè, you are expected to the principal office right now," the announcer again said making Rachel, Jane and Sara look at me with a raised brow.

I smiled nervously and said, "It could be someone else, right?"
"You are married?" Reid asked me who was sitting in the table in front of us.

"No, no what are you saying? There must be some misunderstandings! I don't even have a ring on my finger! See," I said showing my ring finger to the students.

I always take the ring out of my finger before leaving for college. If Adriano is behind all of this then I'm gonna' fucking kill him.

"I'll go and check what's the matter," I smiled nervously and got up from my seat.
"We are coming with you as well," Rachel, Sara and Jane said together crossing their arms over their chest.

"I can-"
"We are coming," they again said together.

I'm dead today. I went to the principal's office and knocked on the door before coming in.

"Come in," he said and I entered his office to find Hanna standing there with her head hung low. I tilted my head to the right to find Adriano sitting on the couch with his legs crossed. His face blank with no trace of emotions.

He got up from the couch as soon as he saw me and walked towards me.
"Is she the one?"
"What are you-"
"Is she the one mia cara ?"
His deep husky voice rang in my ears making me gulp hard. His voice held a tinge of warning in it.

I just don't understand how he manages to speak Italian with such a sexy accent which can make someone go on their knees in no minute. Last time when he called me principessa, it did things to me. Things I've never felt before and now this mia cara.

Hanna looked at me with pleading eyes as if telling me to lie, to not say that it was her while tears streamed down her face. I've seen her making people cry but I never saw her crying before.

"Is she the one who slapped you?" Adriano again asked now standing in front of me with his hands in his pocket. His cologne hitting my nostrils making me feel dizzy.

"Yes, she is the one," I said with my head hung low. He lifted my chin and softly caressed the bruised side of my lips.

"I send her here to study not to get beaten up by your students," he said to the principal in his icy cold tone with his gaze still on me.