Chapter: 05

"If you want something done right
                     Do it yourself "
                     ~Charles Guillaume Etienne

                     •Alessandra•
I ended up sleeping till noon. Aunt Maria came to check on me. She thought I was sick.
"Are you alright, Al?" She said touching my forehead.
"I'm fine aunty. I slept late last night." I said smiling a little.
"You sure? Look if you are feeling sick then tell me."
"I'm not. I'm fine."
She looked at me suspiciously then said, "Take rest because you don't look fine to me. It's noon already. So I'm bringing your lunch here. Go and take a shower."
"You don't have to-" I said while getting up from the bed but she laid me back and said, "No, I'm bringing your lunch here alright?"
"Okay, okay! As you say madam." She laughed and went to the kitchen.

I got out my bed to shower.
After coming out of the bathroom I heard noises from downstairs. Uncle is here I think. I quickly applied some moisturizer and went downstairs to find uncle and auntie chatting with each other.

"Alessandra! Didn't I tell you to rest in your room?" Auntie said with her hands on her hips. She looks like mom right now. Well she is her sister after all.
"I'm fine auntie, I swear. You are worrying for nothing."

"Hi uncle!" I waved at uncle.
"Hey!" He waved at me back.
"Are you feeling unwell? Rest then! We can talk later."
"No I'm fine and I won't be able to take rest If we don't have a conversation about that." Uncle and auntie both laughed.

"Then you both talk. I've some work in the kitchen." Auntie said while getting from the sofa.
"Where is Carl, auntie?" I asked her because I didn't see him in the living room.
"He is studying with his friends through video call." Auntie said smiling.
"Oh," I said smiling back.

I took a seat in front of uncle.
"So, what did you find, uncle?"
"I've found out about a place named 'Estasi' near Brookhaven, last night. It is a small city you can say. There are hospitals, departmental stores, shopping malls, residential buildings and most importantly their headquarter is there. Only The De Santès and the people who work for them can enter there. I think they run their illegal buissness through that place. It won't be that easy I know. Their headquarter is situated in a restricted area. They own it, the whole area. Thousands of guards are surrounding that place and I can't even call for backup. I didn't inform the headquarters about this. I can't ask for help as I didn't get any orders from them to investigate on 'De Santès'. So whatever we do we will have to do it carefully."

Without any help it's going to be hard but not impossible,right? Think about something Alessandra, think about something!

"Uncle? Is there any way we can get inside without them knowing?
"You are not going there! You don't know anything about that place."
"Then you will tell me everything about that place. I can do it, trust me!"
"No way!"
"Please uncle! I swear I can do it. You can put a camera on me to see what's happening, okay? Or how about you teach me self defense? I'm a quick learner." Uncle looked the other way and said, "It's risky Alessandra. I can't risk your life."
"I know it's risky. But I can do it, trust me. Didn't you hear that saying?
If there is no pain then there is no gain."

Uncle looked at me and let out a defeated sigh , "You need to learn self defense first. I need to gather more information then I'll make a plan."
I quickly hugged him said, "Thank you, thank you so much for trusting me! I promise I won't let you down."
"Let's start from today, then."
"Sure!" I said excitedly.

                                ♡

                        •Adriano•
The crowning ceremony is just a month away. Papà is retiring soon. So he has to pass the crown to the next mafia king who is supposed to be me.