Chapter -13

(Aashika's POV)

It was the next day, today the boys would leave for a match, I was standing bidding everyone goodbye, specially virat bhai,I would really miss him , when I was 12 , I still remember when bhaiya would go abroad for international matches, I would be really sad and miss him throughout the days. But growing up I got into the habit, now I don't cry a lot but I miss him even more. Ishan gestured for me to walk towards him, so did I.

"Yashasvi is also going with us, I will inform you about him too " he whispered

He went away before I could ask the explanation of whatever he uttered, I mean? why would I care about any information about him? I am not his girlfriend.

At night -:

Me, vamika ,anushka bhabhi , sara and aditi we all were sitting in the drawing room watching the match on TV, with lots of snacks, like popcorn, coke, chips etc. But every thing was diet version😑, I mean diet coke, air fried homemade chips. The match was going on, it was india who won the toss and chose batting first. It was a decision I wouldn't agree with, they should've chose to bowl first because then it would be clear about the target runs,but ok, rohit bhaiya would have chose batting for some logical reasons.

"OHH NOOO!! " aditi yelled in disappointment. Ishan got out  now came Yashasvi to bat.

I secretly crossed my fingers, I didn't want him to get out, already 4 wickets were down, the openers did really well now it's all upto the middle order batsmen.

Now, Yash was on the strike, I was probably so nervous and stressed because I wanted india to win. Like there's nothing special about him and we are just friends since yesterday, we are not even that close, we don't have any connection to each other except this friendship.

As I was all zoned out, I came back to my world, hearing the commentary, I threw a glance a the TV, and I couldn't believe what I saw, replay was going on and as the ball was delivered, it bounced and  yash stumbled and fell down, I stood up in hurry .

"Abeyy  kya chutiyaapa h , ek to wide balll dala h , taaki stumble hoke injured ho jaye batsman, ek dum intentionally kiya gaya h!! " I yelled

(What nonsense is this? First of all the bowler bowled a wide ball, so that the batsman stumbles and falls, it was all done intentionally)

"calm down aashu" sara consoled me, to be honest she is the most calm girl, like I can get angry in just a few seconds, I feel so lucky to have the best sister in laws like aditi, sara and anushka bhabhi. There are more like  ritika and sakshi bhabhi etc etc, I can't name all of them at once, pheww.

Yash could barely move, a strecher came and they took them away, I was feeling so angry on the bowler. And why don't they show if yash is ok or not, it feels as if they stole him away from me, I can't even see him now, I stood up and went upstairs to my room, I was so confused if to call or not, I was tensed, is the injury so serious, is he ok. If I would call everyone would suspect me, I am not in love with him, I just.. leave I don't wanna talk about this and I am calling him, I don't care what others think now, what matters for me now is him and his health.

I placed the call, there was no answer, I couldn't call anyone else because everyone was on the field and their phone will ofc not be with them, I hope someone just picks up the call and give it to him, I called multiple times but no answer now, I was really scared, was is all ok?... I can't even go and meet him. I didn't have number of any other bench players or support staff, who probably would pick up the phone. I even texted him, so he could text me back whenever he gets his phone,I kept the phone aside.

I tried to console my self, I tried to get control over my feelings but I couldn't, I checked my phone every few seconds  , the stress was increasing every second  , every time I closed my eyes I could see his face. I was so concerned about him.

I tried once again and this time someone answered the call , a sense of relief spread through my body.

"Hellooo!! " I uttered

"Yes, aashika " he said, and I felt so relieved listening to his soothing voice, it felt as if everything was okay.

"I have been calling you ! and you are not picking up! where are all the support staffs? huh!"

"yaa I know 30 missed calls . Actually I didn't save your number so maybe that's why no one gave attention to the call "

"Leave all that ! Just tell me are you ok?? I saw u stumbled and fell and you could barely move, are you ok now? Is the injury too much crucial?! Yash thik ho na tum? "

(Yash are you okay)

"Yes I am ok it was just a knee sprain, and why are you so tensed huh? and I would be back for NZ's inning "

"ARE YOU MAD OR WHAT! I WOULD KILL YOU IF YOU GO BACK AGAIN. I mean take rest, I have been so stressed for u and you just wanna go again and hurt yourself more "

"Why did your voice changed from yelling at me to crying? are you all ok shortie? "

"I am ok... I was just stressed about you.. And take care of yourself,okk! "

"I will be back tomorrow "

"Good for now, and listen if I see you on the field today na, then you see what I would do to u "

"Okk I would not go, are you satisfied now "

"Yes I am "

"Ok byee shortie lemme rest "

"Okk and I am not short "

"Whatever.. shortie " he teased me and cut the call

_____________________________

Author's note -: Hope you guys loved this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Loads of love ❤

Bye Xavians 💙

Words count-:1060