★ I #07 | visit

★ | #07 | visit"did you just wake up?"

| #07 | visit
"did you just wake up?"

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ nicole's radio station
is now playing...

birch tree strawberry guy
"oh, are you not lonely?"

_______________

WITH a small groan, the girl rolled over, hand crawling up to shield her eyes from the sunlight peeking through the cracks of her blinds, the faint sound of her mother calling out her name waking her from her slumber.

Seong Haewon breathed in quietly, eyes puffy from sleep as she blinked away the morning residue dried out in her eyes overnight, pulling herself to sit up in her bed as she leaned back, supporting her bodyweight on her arms.

Taking a minute to gain full consciousness and come out of the sleepy state she was previously in, she eventually hoisted herself out of bed, her fingers running through her messy brown hair as she slipped on a pair of house slippers.

Making her way out of her room and downstairs, she opened her mouth to speak to her mother, only to pause upon the sight of her best friend, conversing politely with the middle-aged woman before she caught his attention.

"Did you just wake up?" Lee Heeseung inquired, a brow raising teasingly as he peered over at Haewon, who huffed and rolled her eyes.

"Obviously. Why are you here so early in the morning?" Haewon grumbled, rubbing her tired eyes as Heeseung huffed out a laugh and furrowed his brows.

"Early? Haewon, it's almost twelve o'clock. What are you on about?" He laughed, as her brows raised in surprise, eyes darting to the clock on the wall that read the time, clicking with each passing second.

"I swear, it was like.. eight in the morning." Haewon murmured, eyes narrowing as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Don't stay up so late, Haewon." Her mother called out from the dining room, in which she sat at the table and went over the morning paper she received at her front porch earlier on in the day.

"Listen to your mom." Heeseung nudged the girl playfully, only to earn a small yet strong punch to the shoulder, to which he let out a quiet "ouch," hand flying over his shoulder as he rubbed it.

"Simple mistake. It happens to everyone." Haewon shrugged lightly, her hand on the railing of the stairs as she traveled up them slowly, head turned to look over her shoulder at the boy who followed shortly behind her.

"Not to me." The boy muttered, only to receive an eye roll as she paused in the middle of the stairway, turning around to face him with her eyes narrowed and lips pressed together in a thin line.

"Oh, please. Don't act so perfect. Remember that one night when we stole your parent's wine and-" Haewon began, as he reacted quickly and clasped a hand over her mouth hurriedly, only to earn a glare and a grumble from her in disapproval.

"Shh, shut up! Are you trying to get us in trouble?" Heeseung whispered, shaking his head as he rushed her up the stairs.

"I'm just saying! You slept almost the whole day the morning after." Haewon grumbled quietly, making it to the top of her stairs as her feet carried her through the open door to her bedroom, which was left slightly messy and unorganized.

"I was hungover, you dummy. Of course I slept the whole day." Heeseung scoffed, plopping himself back onto her unmade bed as she seated herself on the rolling chair at her desk.

"Exactly." Haewon sighed out, shaking her head at the discussion, before she changed the topic. "Anyway, on another note, why are you here?"

"Wow, can't even come see my best friend anymore without a reason?" Heeseung clicked his tongue, a forced pout settling on his lips as she grimaced and grabbed hold of a nearby pencil on her desk, chuckling it towards him as it hit the side of his cheek.

"Ouch." He said dramatically, pressing the back of his hand to his forehead as he fluttered his eyes shut, playing dead as she watched quietly.

"You're annoying." Haewon said, as he smiled cheekily and sat up, adjusting so his back was pressed against the wall.

"But you love me."

"In your dreams."

"Oh, you little liar."

"Can you just answer the question?" The girl requested, as Heeseung snickered before nodding.

"To study, of course. Don't think just because it's the weekend, you have an excuse to slack off." He said, earning an immediate string of protests and curses as he laughed and spoke up again.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" Heeseung interjected quickly, raising his hands in surrender.

"God, I was so close to killing you." Haewon breathed out, pulling her knees up to her chest.

"You terrify me." Heeseung confessed with an exasperated sigh, as she smiled playfully.

"Awh, thank you." Haewon tilted her head, taking it as a compliment jokingly. "But seriously, what are you here for?"

"We're going out." The boy declared, standing up from her bed as she raised a brow, her eyes following his every movement.

"Eh? Where?" Haewon uttered, eyes open wide in curiosity.

"The city. My mom is sending me to pick up packages for her, because they were delivered to the wrong postal office. So, I thought, might as well drag you along with me and have fun while we're there." Heeseung explained, as the girl nodded quietly along to his words.

"And if I had plans today?" Haewon spoke up a brief moment in silence, as Heeseung deadpanned and stifled his laughter.

"The only plans you have are reading that manhwa series all day." Heeseung rolled his eyes, tilting his chin over to the book displayed on her bedside table, a bookmark peeking out from the pages.

"Leave full house alone." Haewon huffed, as the boy hummed quietly, turning to face her. His hands wrapped around her wrists, pulling her to her feet.

"Okay, okay. I'm going to wait downstairs. Get ready quickly, please. Otherwise we'll miss the train." He said, already wandering towards the doorway to her room as she only responded with a thumbs up.

______________

★﹐authors corner .﹗﹑ 1.0k words
i am sleepyyyyy and i have exams tomorrow </3

feels like all of these author notes are just gonna be me complaining about how sleepy i am all the time so apologies for that 😋🙏

okkk love you all tysm for reading <3
march 3rd, 2024 - 11:10pm.
not proofread.