"I thought you found that absurd?"

"I'm doing this for your sanity, just spend whatever remaining time you have on your defense only."

Though Wriothesley was not fond of altering the natural distribution system of the credit coupon economy, this was to ease the stress of workload. As you left the room, he was skepitcal if you'd use the free time as intended or to your advantage. He was lenient out of courtesy of your fagile mental state but if this worsens, assertive measures must be taken. He was lucky you had freaked out while most people were asleep, if they heard manic cries of primordial water flooding into the stronghold there'd be chaos.

Sigewinne had her gloved hand balled into a fist since the examination, she held it toward him. Slowly opening her hand to reveal a strange leaking black crystal. He curiously takes it into his hands but as soon as the skin of his fingertips come into contact with the substance felt intense fear mixed with pain- dropping it immediately.

"I'm not sure what this is... but judging by your reaction it's not pleasant"
Sigewinne wonders outloud

"So this was on [Name]?"

Their gazes fell onto the mysterious crystal on the ground. A strange dark element that inflicts fearful pain through skin contact. While it could explain your behavior, the origins or even how it ended up on you is unknown. Using gloves they seal the object to contain it's sinister energy, it's something he will have look into in his own time.

In the meanwhile you paced around, it came to as a surprise that he was willing to offer an allowance. However you were set on the belief that focusing on defense wouldn't be enough- a direct attack on the true culprit is the only way. The only issue was that it seemed impossible to figure out who in time with the limited resources and time.

The sound of a forming crowd caught your attention, a man was lifting the spirits of the day with balloon arts. It was honestly pleasant seeing people still intact with their inner child in a place a gloomy as this. Come to think of it, weren't you quite like that before all this? In an attempt at inner healing you entertained the idea of a small break.

"Oh, what a fierce expression- one of a fighter"
the balloon man announced

You hadn't realized how tense your face had gotten
"Huh?"

"Perhaps you'll like this balloon, resembles the sword of a duelist ya?"

You took the simply made balloon sword, feeling a sense of familiarity. Your real sword was confiscated as per fortress protocol and it was likely examined as evidence during your stay. The last you raised a sword in action was during the stakeout in which your skills proved insufficient.

Just what kind of fighting technique did the culprit have, it wasn't like anything you've seen but then again there are many art styles in sword fighting. You paced around, flailing the sword to the best of your memory as the culprit did.

"Ah, you know how to fence?"
a familiar elderly voice called out

Turning over to the voice you saw old man who had exchanged his knitting supplies in exchange for a letter delivery not too long ago. As you recall he was serving time due to a financial mess with his building. Your head tilts at his question,

"What?"

"That technique, it resembles the combatative sport of fencing. Was that not intentional? You mimicked it quite well."
he explains