Act 2 - Chapter 2: Back For Seconds

(oh no a flashback - however many months ago time works differently in the hotel. It was before Curious took Guiding's mantle.)

Trigger Warning: mentions of blood and torture

"Come on, Ten! Where are yoooou~" Second gleefully sung, looking around what appeared to be a dark room library. Not as grand as the one at Door 50, but humble enough for a collection of an octogenarian. Second was hovering around, looking around happily as they were playing a game of hide-and-seek. Second was happily looking around, giggling as they looked for Ten. Ten peeked from around a corner, and Second spotted them, shouting out "I found you!" Before hovering over and 'tagging' Ten with their tentacle. The two were having fun as kids do. Both screeches looked the exact same, but Second was slightly smaller than Ten.

Then, a beep could be heard from the front of the room as light enters through a newly opened door. A traveller walked through, sighing and groaning audibly as they mumble something about "Another dark room". They step through, a lighter in hand as they make their way through the library. Ten and Second notice the new person and decide to hide behind a nearby bookshelf, carefully peeking out as their skin naturally made them camouflage in the darkness.

"You want me to go out and scare 'em?" Asked Second, looking to Ten for confirmation. "Yeah, go get them!" Ten quietly responded, both trying not to giggle and give away their position. Second quickly moved out from behind the bookshelf and Ten remained still, waiting for the yell of a traveller. Ten waited for a few seconds before they got out from their position and looked around for the traveller, and then he heard it...

A loud screaming, but not that of the travellers.

He immediately turned as his face dropped  a soft, blue light. Ten quickly hovered over and saw the traveller standing there cackling as a crucifix floated in the air, Second was captured by glowing blue chains, which must have been excruciating as she was yelling in pain as tears trail down their face in terror. Ten just hovered there, in shock as he just watched his best friend get crucified. Second was dragged down into the symbol on the floor and the light died down..

Before Ten knew what happened next, he quickly hovered over and aggressively sliced at the traveller with their tentacle, cutting into their cheek and causing the traveller to fall into the lever, which opened the gate into the next room. Feeling blood trail down their face, they grunted and waited until Ten was close to grab them, wrestling Ten as they quickly move into the next room, which was bright.

The traveller slammed Ten against the wall and quickly pulled out a knife. Ten was panicking as a cruel smirk crawled onto the travellers face. They didn't say anything, but they stabbed Ten in the tentacle, dismembering it as Ten screams in pure agony. They pulled it out and stabbed Ten again in another tentacle. "HOW DO YA LIKE THAT YA INKY LOOKING CUNT? I'LL MAKE YOU SUFFER YA LITTLE SHIT!" The traveller yells as they take the knife back and were ready to stab again. In pain, Ten quickly butted the traveller in the hand, their nose as the traveller let go, shaking their hand in pain and cussing. Ten took the chance to quickly fly off into the previous room...

...

...

"AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!"

Minute was hyperventilating, looking around quickly out of panic. There was so much light, but then it was dark. Too dark... not like the dark Screeches like her like to occupy, but a suffocating kind of dark. She didn't feel any physical pain, but she was trembling and quietly tearing up. She looked around and noticed a pure black being sitting on a sofa nearby, illuminated by a floating chandelier. She hovered over, shaking and breathing heavily as she was still in shock and afraid. The being looked at her as if they were expecting them to arrive.