Act 1 - Chapter 4: In A Rush

(Room 26 - Y/N & Ten)

...that was one hell of a realization and it's gonna be in the back of our minds for a while. But there is just one main problem that in the front of our minds: Rush.

We enter Room 26, the lights start flickering to signify the damn speedy bastard's arrival. I immediately run and open the closet door and usher Ten inside, despite the fact he should be fine otherwise. I close the door quickly and try to hold my breath, hoping Rush wouldn't notice. I heard his staticy screaming coming from a mile away as it got closer... And closer... Ten was also visibly nervous as Rush immediately blitzed through the room, the lights bursting and shrouding the room in pure darkness as the next door automatically opens. Rush's screaming stopped, but then we heard grunting noises, as if someone was in pain..?

We both get out of the closet and nervously peek out from the doorway, seeing the next room was one of those rooms Dupe would probably adore. Somehow, Rush had managed to crash into the wall and was probably in pain as he had ran too quickly and put a giant hole in the wall. Rush looks exactly like a ball of bluish-black fog with a floating smile and disembodied hands. He was actively trying to pull himself out of the wall but failed and gave up, sighing.

"Are you just standing there watching me?" Rush spoke, startling us both. We looked at eachother, debating whether to speak up or not. However, Rtish spoke again, sounding more angered and pissed off: "I know you're standing there, Traveller! Once I get out I will FUCKING GUT YOU!"

I was frozen in place, unsure of what to do, but I knew I had to act quickly. I wasn't going to help Rush because, well... He wasn't deserving of it and he's a goddamn psycho who loves to kill. I quickly usher Ten to follow me as we quietly snuck past Rush as he remained stuck in the wall, turning left and walking until we reach the next door. I quickly open it, not paying attention to the room number as we both go through and I slam it shut and let go of a breath I didn't even know I was holding. "Jesu-fucking-christo... He's not usually this pissed off." I comment, chuckling.

"Should we... Like... Barricade the door? I-in case he decides to come for us..." Asked Ten, visibly shaken by the encounter. I don't respond initially, thinking about what he said. "Yes, we should" I nod to them and quickly walk over to a nearby bookshelf, finding purchase on one of the sides and I slowly begin dragging it over to the door. Despite having no books or items, the shelf is surprisingly heavy to drag.

"Ten... Can you help me move this? If you can, please..." I grunt out, trying not to sound rude as my tone kinda doesn't help. He nodded and gets behind the shelf and helps me push it towards the door. It felt like the shelf got lighter after he started pushing and after a few seconds, the shelf was now blocking the door to the last room. But not before I quickly notice scratch marks along the back of the door, and gulp as we finish setting the booshelf up against the door. I don't mebtion it yet as I'm sure whatever made them is long gone.

"Goodness, Ten... How strong are you?" I ask, somewhat amazed by how much strength is inside such a small creature. "We Entities are much stronger than we look Y/N. Hell, Seek looks like he's starving but can run about as fast as you could! Probably..." Ten chuckles awkwardly.

We look around the room we are in; it was a small hallway with two small windows to the left showing the rainy night outside. The next door however, was what caught our eye. It... Had no handle? It was the only way into the next room and there was no handle. I walk over cautiously and try to kick it down, but it was like a wall as it dod not budge at all. We both heard hoarse chuckling and started looking around worriedly for the source, Ten immediately rushing towards, and then behind me because he saw it.

 We both heard hoarse chuckling and started looking around worriedly for the source, Ten immediately rushing towards, and then behind me because he saw it