19

Jiang Cheng comes back to the table grinning from ear to ear looking sus as hell. Wuxi narrows his eyes "What did you do? I know that look and you did something I'm going to hate did you."

He laughs nodding "I did, I put you up to sing "As You Wish" I want to hear you sing that song. Now you can't back out because you are queued to go up in three songs. They already agreed to dim the lights for you on stage so you won't be embarrassed but you are going up."

Wuxi groans whining "Cheng Cheng why? Ugh, you are such an ass, fine I'll sing it but keep it up and I will leave early."

He puts his hands up defensively "Fine I promise I won't put your name up anymore and I'll let that nickname slide this time since I did you dirty first."

Yanli sits down with her drink "What did you do first didi?"

He smirks "I put Wei Wuxian up to sing."

Yanli grins happily "Yay I love listening to you sing, AJia is coming to the stage."

Wuxi's twin has a beautiful voice and she captivates the room when she sings. Across the room talking to a business client Wangji turns toward the stage when he hears a beautiful voice singing. He can't help but be drawn in just like the rest of the patrons as he listens to her sing.

"Wow she's beautiful and has the voice of an angel, I'm glad we chose to come here tonight Wangji great choice or we would have missed this." His client smiles wide as he watches Jia Li sing.

Wangji turns back to his client and continues with his conversation about the project they will be starting in a few weeks. "So all we need now are the permits and for you to give the final approval for the plans. Since we will be starting in a few weeks why don't you come by my office in the morning to finalize the proofs then I can get the necessary contracts so we can get started."

The client is paying attention but his eyes are glued to the stage. "Wangji would it be rude of me to excuse myself for a moment, I really want to meet her but I don't want to be overly obvious, there is someone at her table I recognize and I might be able to get an introduction through them."

Wangji smiles "I understand, please pursue your prey, I will still be here to continue when you are finished."

His client stands up and fixes his clothes as he walks over to their table as she makes her way back to the same table. Wangji takes a sip of his tea and looks over the papers in his hand that he needs his client to sign before he can leave.

The man walks over to their table and pats one of the guys on the shoulder "Song Lan how are you buddy?"

He looks over his shoulder to see who just patted him and smiles "Nie Mingjue, good to see you, how have you been?"

He smiles and nods a greeting at the people at the table "I've been great, I'm about to start construction on another building, we should have plans finalized in a day or so."

Song Lan nods grinning "That's great, here let me introduce you to everyone. Guys this is Nie Mingjue, head of the Nie family and Nie Group, Mingjue this is Wei Wuxian, his twin sister Wei Jia Li, Jiang Cheng, and his sister Jiang Yanli and of course, you know my husband Xiao Xingchen."

He greets everyone his eyes lingering on Jia Li "It's a great pleasure to meet all of you, if you are going to be here for a bit I have to get back to my business meeting but maybe I can come and join you when I'm finished." Everyone agrees and he goes back to his table smiling.

Wangji smirks "Success?"

Mingjue grins "Possibly, she's younger than I thought but she is a real beauty up close. We need to finish this up so I can join them, I don't want anyone else jumping in on what's mine."