Chapter 17:

Sienna and I were at my house when Luca facetimed at 2am. "Who is calling you right now?" I asked. We had been up late chatting so the call hadnt woken us up. "Oh its just Luca." Sienna explained. "Why is he calling you at 2am?" I asked confused. "Sometimes if he cant sleep we call. I dont have to take it." She shrugged. "No answer him its fine." I said entertaining myself with my phone. Luca's voice sounded from Siennas phone and they both greeted each other. I zoned out listening to their conversation about school and their everyday lives. But my attention was peaked when I heard my name in the same sentance as Timothees. "Its to bad Grace blew off Timothee, we could have all gone to prom together." Luca said. I sat upright. I didn't blow him off he lied to me! I shook my head at Sienna because I realized she was going to tell Luca that she knew he cheated. She closed her mouth and lied. "Yeah, it's too bad." Sienna said. "Are you sure she ghosted him?" asked Sienna even though she knew the truth. "Yes, it was horrible Timothee had no idea. We had had been talking earlier and he was going to ask her to be official. Told me he would drive the five hours and everything. He was ready to visit on weekends and spend every free second together even if he was swamped with university." Luca explained. "Wow I had no idea!" exclaimed Sienna truthfully. She gave me a side glance. "The worst part about it was that Timothee doesn't even have a girlfriend, he lied to Mum just so she would get off his case about missing Grace." Luca said. My eyes widened in surprise. "Has he ever had a girlfriend?" prodded Sienna. "I don't know maybe some girl in 7th grade, but no one until Grace." he explained. My jaw dropped and I felt like an idiot. What had I done, I must have miss heard the conversation between Luca and Timothee. It was so long ago I had all become foggy. The realization that I had ruined the last day in Italy because of something that was never true dawned on me. Sienna and Luca wrapped up the facetime and I buried my hands in my face. "What have I done." I mumbled. "You couldn't have known. It was an honest mistake." Sienna tried to comfort me. I gave a weak smile. "I should have taken the high road and just asked him about it and maybe we would have still been together." I groaned regretfully. "Maybe it just wasn't meant to be." said Sienna. "Maybe." I replied even though we both knew how wrong we were.

I barely slept; thoughts of Timothee kept me up. I wish I hadn't deleted his number and I wish I hadn't yelled at him on Christmas. Everything made perfect sense now of why he did everything. I considered reaching out to him, but I knew it would only complicate things further. And maybe deep-down Timothee had begun to hate and never wanted to hear from me again, especially after how horrible I was on Christmas.