Chapter 11:

A few weeks after the night on the town I was woken up before sunrise. I felt my shoulders being shaken. I slowly opened my eyes to see Timothee. "Hi." I said sleepily. "Good morning Grace." He said brightly. I turned to my clock. "Its 4am Timothee what are you doing in my room." I asked sitting up and pulling off my blanket. I looked him up and down. He was wearing shorts, a zip-up and had a backpack on. "Remember when you said you wanted to climb the Latteri Mountains." he asked. I nodded suspiciously. "Thats what we are doing." he smiled. "At 4am?" I repeated. "Yes." he said. "Ok then let me get ready." I said yawning and walking into the bathroom. 

I met Timothee downstairs, and we walked out of the backdoor as quiet as possible. Timothee had said we would be back in time to have breakfast at 9am. I had dressed in jean shorts and a burgundy long sleeve shirt since this morning was cold. We began the hike right behind the house. The trail was small, so I followed Timothee, we passed pine trees in the dark of the morning. I was curious why we had to go so early in the morning, but it was sweet that he had remembered that I wanted to climb the mountains but never got to it. We made small meaningless conversation all the way up the mountain but once we reached the top I was silenced by the pure beauty of the view of the Amalfi Coast. The water stretched out for miles of turquoise waves. The sun had only just begun to peak from under the carpet of water. The moon was saying goodbye to the sun from the other side of the sky and the sun brought with it rays of pink and orange. Timothee set down a blanket from his backpack. It made sense now why he had brought me here so early; the sunrise was mesmerizing. We sat together and I leaned against his chest as the sun rose above us. I could feel his chest rise and fall and I matched my breathing to his. At 7:30 the sun had fully risen, and we began to pack up our things. "Thank you." I smiled. "You're welcome." He said. I meant more than just thank you. I wanted to tell him how meaningful to me it was that he brought me here and how this summer had changed everything, and it was because of him. The look on his face said he understood my hidden meanings. 

We had just begun walking down the path when the rain came pouring down. We both looked at each other shocked. We hadn't thought to bring coats, so we became soaked with rain. We hurled down the hill eager to escape the rain, we both laughed as we attempted not to slip in the mud. When we had nearly reached the bottom the muddy ground beneath me slipped away and I went soaring down knocking over Timothee. We spun around until half of me landed on top of him. We were both laughing until I looked into his eyes. I went silent as I leaned down to kiss him. He leaned upwards to reciprocate the kiss. When we finally pulled away, I laughed again and stood up. "Sorry about that." I giggled brushing mud off my clothes. "No worries." He said with a grin. Walking back to our houses we both laughed about our adventure. I thanked him as I snuck up to my room giddy from our morning together.

 I proceeded to go back to sleep and miss breakfast. My answer to Guilia and Francesca of why I slept in so late was that I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep.