Chapter 15:

Sienna's family invited me for dinner on Christmas eve and I of course excepted. However, I was unaware of the other family that would be making a special appearance. When I walked into Sienna's house Isabella ran to greet me and my heart stopped, everything I had felt this summer came rushing back. The love, the adventure... and the heartbreak. I had begun to get over Timothee, at least that was what I convinced myself. My grad year had been wonderful so far, my friends and I were close as ever and guys were the last thing on my mind. But when Isabella ran up to me and pulled on my short black skirt my first thought was of Timothee. "Hi Isabella! I missed you!" I exclaimed hugging her. Alberto ran to the front door to say hello. Sienna had said to let myself in when I arrived so I could hear the sound of Luca's laughter from the kitchen. I brushed off my maroon cable knit sweater and walked into the room with my ankle length doc martens gliding across the carpet floor. When I walked into the room all conversation stopped. Mrs. Angelini was first to greet me with a warm hug followed by Mr. Angelini. My heartbeat quickly in my chest when I saw Timothee. He looked older even though it had only been months. The tan had faded from his skin, but his eyes were still the same and were locked onto mine. Luca walked up to me, "Nice to see you again." He smiled. "Good to see you too Luca, Merry Christmas." I replied. He and Sienna had kept in contact, facetiming every few days and texting whenever they had the chance. I had envied how close they stayed. Timothee didn't speak to me or hug me until after dinner. My heart begged to hear his voice again, but my head replayed the conversation I had heard. 

We were sitting around the dinner table while Mrs. Angelini was talking about how well Isabella was doing in her swimming lessons and how Alberto had won second place in the science fair. "Oh! I nearly forgot." she grinned mischievously, "Timothee has got himself a girlfriend." she said excitedly. Timothee looked uncomfortable and embarrassed. Sienna and Luca both looked at me to see my reaction. My face went hot and that feeling of my stomach churning came back. I stared at my lap not wanting to meet the burning stare of Timothee. Holding back the urge to leave I took a sip of my water. After the conversation moved on, I finally peeked at Timothee. He looked back and me, I turned my gaze away and rubbed the back of my neck with my hand. I stole a glance at him again to see him doing the same thing. I narrowed my brow and brushed back my hair. He copied my every move. I almost smiled at the memory, but I held it back. "Excuse me I have to use the washroom." I said standing up from the table and walking past the washroom and onto the upstairs balcony. I watched as the snow fell, becoming a white carpet until I heard footsteps behind me. I turned to find Timothee joining me on the balcony. "Their clearing the table." he said. "Oh." I said not sure how I was supposed to react. "Do you hate me or something." he asked cutting to the chase. "Why would I hate you." I asked curtly refusing to look at him. Timothee grabbed my cheek and pulled me close to him kissing me. It took me a moment to realize what was happening, but I pulled away sharply. "What the hell was that?" I shouted shoving his chest angrily. "You have a girlfriend!" I said before whispering, "Not that you would be afraid to cheat." Timothee looked at me sharply. "What does that supposed to mean?" He said. "I think you know what it means Timothee. You don't actually believe I wouldn't find out!" I said raising my voice. "Find out what?" he asked perplexed. "You know what Timothee, you really hurt me this summer. I thought I could trust you, but you just had to have a girlfriend and not tell me." I said tears rushing to my eyes. I blinked quickly before angrily bursting off the balcony. I was pissed and Timothee acted as if he had no idea what I was talking about. A small thought in the back of my mind kept telling me maybe he didn't. I did not care so I spent the rest of the night ignoring Timothee and spending time with two of my best friends, Sienna and Luca.