thirty-three

During the sunny day, the world seemed to come alive with warmth and vibrant energy

During the sunny day, the world seemed to come alive with warmth and vibrant energy. The sun's rays gently kissed the earth, casting a golden gleam upon everything they touched. The sky was a brilliant blue canvas, adorned with ethereal white clouds lazily drifting by.

On their way to Ocean Harbor Motel, Sarah sat in the passenger seat of the red jeep resting her head and watching the trees fly by the windows while Jeremiah drove.

"So, what's our game plan with Julia, huh? Sneak attack? Bribery? Murder?" Sarah suggested playfully, trying to suppress her smile.

Jeremiah raised his eyebrows in shock. "Wow. Um, I was thinking that we just play to my strengths."

"So, charm offensive. Hence the flowers." Sarah said, gesturing to the blue butch of flowers in her lap. Before they left, Jeremiah had grabbed the flowers from the garden.

"Exactly." Jeremiah agreed, nodding his head. "You know, I wish I had more to go on, but she and my mum weren't exactly close. I mean, the last time I saw her and Skye, I was probably, like, seven or eight years old."

"Wow, that's a long time." She commented.

Jeremiah nodded. "Yeah."

"You know, I remember Susannah telling me that it was her big sister who convinced her that she could be an artist." She told him.

"Really?" He asked, giving her a look. Sarah nodded in response. "You know, honestly, I don't really remember much about her, so I'll-I'll just wing it. And knowing Conrad, he probably took the righteous anger route when he talked to her. And I'm sure that went over like gangbusters."

Sarah sighed. "Yeah, Conrad's never been good at putting on a happy face when he's not feeling it. You know, he just pushes people away when he needs them most."

"There's only so many times I can take being pushed. It's fucking exhausting." He said, clearly still annoyed with his older brother.

"I know. I went through it last summer." She muttered under her breath with a small frown.

••••

It didn't take long for Jeremiah and Sarah to finally arrive at the Ocean Harbor Motel.

The motel was more beautiful along with the scenic beauty of the sea. It was the perfect place to stay when you're visiting Cousins. The ambiance was peaceful and relaxed. Shady trees were abundant with hammocks in between where you can enjoy or simply take a nap, The beach front was very clean and very well maintained.

Sarah and Jeremiah jumped out of the red jeep and began walking towards the motel.

"All right. You ready?" Sarah asked as she held the vase of blue flowers.

"We got this." Jeremiah reassured with a soft smile and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

The two of them made their way up to the second level of the motel and walked to the room where they knew Aunt Julia was staying. They stood outside the doorway for a moment before Jeremiah knocked on the door and took a step back to stand beside Sarah.