thirty-eight

Darkness enveloped the golf course, with only the moonlight providing illumination

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Darkness enveloped the golf course, with only the moonlight providing illumination. The serenity of the nearby trees swaying in the gentle breeze and the sound of crickets filled the night.

Sarah walked alongside Taylor and Belly, carrying blankets and pillows with Skye following behind while the boys were screaming, shouting and jumping on the golf cart, tormenting poor Cam Cameron as he drove them deeper into the green.

"This is so annoying." Taylor said in frustration as she continued digging into the apple. "Weed is not supposed to be this difficult. I mean, it's like..."

"Can I give it a shot?" Skye offered from behind them.

Taylor sighed and passed the apple to them. "Yeah. Have at it."

"Thanks." Skye said and began working on the apple bong.

The girls continued to walk. Taylor couldn't help but laugh as the boys continued to act like children. Both Belly and Sarah gave each other knowing looks with a smirk.

"What?" Taylor asked when she noticed the exchange between her friends. "What was that look?"

"Seems like there's kind of a vibe between you and Steven." Sarah explained, pursing her lips slightly.

Taylor scoffed. "No, there's no vibe. I save all my... all my vibing for Milo."

Milo was Taylor's musician boyfriend that she's currently with.

"Okay." Sarah muttered, nodding her head slowly.

"Steven really hurt me last year. It's just... It's not the kind of hurt that just goes away easily. You know. Or, like, ever, maybe." Taylor said.

"Yeah, I get it." Belly said.

"I know you do." Taylor responded.

Sarah looked down at the stuffed giraffe and sighed. "I think I... I loved Conrad longer and truer than anyone in my whole life. And I'll probably never love anyone like that again. To be honest, it's kind of a relief. Cause I don't know, I don't know if I could survive that."

"Can we make a pact?" Taylor suggested. "Can we just leave first love in the past? Like, where it belongs?"

Sarah chuckled softly. "Yeah."

The two girls embraced each other while Belly laughed. As they separated, they continued walking across the green.

"I saw you and Jeremy on the boardwalk. And tonight on the couch." Taylor pointed out, giving Belly a look.

Sarah nodded in agreement. "There's something there. Doesn't matter how far apart you sit, you know? It's there."

"Yeah, I feel like there... there could be something, you know? Like this charge building between us." Belly admitted with a sheepish smile. Then after a moment, her smile faltered. "But, you know, then I remembered how much it hurt when we drifted apart. I don't know."