Epsiode 5

The flickering neon sign of the motel cast an eerie glow over the street as Jimin and I stepped through the entrance, our footsteps echoing against the worn linoleum floor

The flickering neon sign of the motel cast an eerie glow over the street as Jimin and I stepped through the entrance, our footsteps echoing against the worn linoleum floor. The air was thick with the scent of stale cigarette smoke and cheap perfume.

Is this hit the human world always smells? Gross.

As we approached the front desk, the receptionist looked up from her magazine, her bored expression giving way to surprise at the sight of the beautiful man standing before her.

"Uh, can I help you?"

Jimin flashed her a charming smile, his charisma oozing from every pore as he leaned casually against the counter.

"We need a room for the night. Something quiet and discreet."

The receptionist eyed us both warily, her gaze lingering on him for a moment longer than necessary before she handed over a key with a resigned sigh.

"Room 213. Up the stairs, second door on your left."

With a nod of thanks, Jimin pocketed the key and motioned for me to follow him as we made our way to the room.

Inside, the air was thick with tension as we settled into our surroundings.

I glanced around the dimly lit room, my expression unreadable as I took in the faded wallpaper and threadbare carpet. It was a far cry from the beauty of my own realm, but I knew that we had no choice but to make do with what we had.

Jimin, ever the picture of confidence, sprawled out on the bed with a satisfied sigh, his eyes sparkling with mischief as he regarded me with a knowing grin.

"Well, here we are. Ready to embark on our little adventure?"

I nodded.

"Why are we staying in a motel room? Wouldn't it be better to find somewhere more... dignified?" I asked, my eyes scanning the place once again.

"It's all about blending in." He replied, sitting up straight. "In the human world, motels are the norm for travelers like us. Plus, it's easier to go unnoticed when you're not drawing attention to yourself with fancy accommodations."

"I see. And how long do you think we'll be here?" I asked, taking a seat on the separate bed next to him.

"Hard to say. Finding a way back to a gods realm won't be easy, and it might take us some time to. We could be here for a while. Well... You know, being stuck in a motel room doesn't have to be boring. We could have all kinds of fun while we're here."

I arched an eyebrow, my expression a mix of amusement and exasperation at Jimin's flirtatious demeanor.

"We have important work to do. This is not the time for... distractions."

Jimin chuckled, his charm undiminished by my response as he leaned in closer, his voice dropping to a husky whisper.

"Who said anything about distractions? I'm just saying, we can make the most of our time here, in more ways than one."