Onis m

O n i s m -(n.) the awareness of how little of the world you experience.

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

the train's aura was as similar as the station, people were scattered all around and kids called out for their parents. middle-aged women seemed to gossip about sarees, men talked about the government and the economy of the nation, and there were a few couples that wouldn't stop gawking at each other.

they were the most annoying kinds; but adira envied those people, they were so in love, all of them. adira wondered if she was capable of finding a love like that.

"do you watch cricket?" Adira inquires as she neatly places her sneakers aside after folding her legs. Lehan occupies the seat beside her, and they have to share space.

Lehan's eyes beamed with excitement once that word came out of her mouth, "Yes, I do. actually a lot. I think you already knew because you've been to my home multiple times."

"I guess so, it's been so long but I do remember you, Harry and Uncle always having star sports on the TV."

"do you like cricket too?"

"i like it, but i never had the chance to watch it. amma never let me watch tv except on weekends, i barely watched matches. now too, i have the habit that she's always watching me and i just cannot watch any movies, sports or series. I am dying to, though."

"wow, aunty is really something. baba let me watch the test series before my boards."

"you lucky loser, amma had cut off the connection before boards started. i didn't have tv for 4 months at home."

"oh so that is why you sneaked in here using me as an excuse, I thought you were another one of my obsessed fans."

"oh you wish, it was for Harry though. he's an amazing company. aunty and uncle are very very nice too. I don't know why you've turned to be like this." adira was lucky that her mother made friends with Lehan's family, she didn't entirely hate the situation because she got to hang out with his family.

"hey, I'm usually a very nice person. it isn't my fault that you bring out the bad in me."

"ha, I guess you're adopted," Adira says laughing and falling back to the seat, lehan couldn't help but break out a little smile too. adira looked like the most beautiful woman when she smiled, not the first most, but she came right after his mother on the list.

 lehan just imagined how things would have been if they didn't have this rivalry between them, would they be platonic friends? would they have something more than that going on?

a few strings of adira's shoulder-length hair fell on her face, it got annoying,

As Adira tried to tuck the stray strands of hair behind her ear, Lehan reached out instinctively and tucked them away for her. Adira paused, surprised by his gesture, and their eyes met for a fleeting moment before she looked away, flustered.

"Thanks," she mumbled, feeling a strange warmth spread through her chest. Lehan shrugged, trying to brush off the moment.

"No problem," he replied casually, but his heart was racing. He couldn't deny that he felt something different in that moment, something that felt true, something that felt genuine.

"Looks like we're at a station," Lehan said, trying to lighten the mood. Adira nodded, grateful for the distraction.

"do you want something to eat? maybe some chips, do you have water?" Lehan asks as he gets up from the side seat they both were seated at,