Kalopsia

K a l o p s i a - a delusion of things appearing more beautiful than they are.

ᴀᴅɪʀᴀ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

"welcome to another episode where I'm still depressed because of my mother, she is not the villian in my story. Don't worry you guys,"

"I'm one year closer to death today but Meg still insisted on celebrating my "birthday". "I said emphasizing the word.

"still waiting for Ma's birthday wishes, which I'm sure will arrive via carrier pigeon any moment now."

I guess it's better than recieving money and a letter which was more like a news report.

'Hope you're doing well Adira. Happy birthday. I'm fine here. Concentrate well and make me proud '

Meghna, the culinary wizard, is attempting a cake that might double as a doorstop. "Adi, doorbell! Probably just the Grim Reaper checking if you're ready to join the afterlife."

"LEHAN!?" i exclaim as I see him standing at the door with his brown locks falling to his forehead and his eyes as ethereal as ever.

He smelled like the woods, like a green forest. His hair always having a hint of the coconut shampoo he uses. He was so tall that whenever he stood in front of me, it felt like he was a tower. He always intimidated me but there was no way my ego would accept that.

His hand holding onto something which was wrapped using a paper which had stars on them.

"Adi, you're staring." Lehan says as he chuckled. His voice wasn't too deep not too fragile. It was a perfect mix, his voice always made me go weak in the knees.

He had his infamous teal green shirt paired with one of his favourite jeans that went well with his light brown skin.

"He's so tall and handsome as hell," that line from some Swift played in my head. I wasn't really a fan of English music but Meg blasts them all day.

I liked the calmer side of music, not too vibey but just songs with deep meaning. i loved indie Indian.

It was not entirely his looks, although we fought a lot, he has always been considerate.

" Why are you here?" I asked bluntly with embarrassment.

"Clearly not for my breathtaking company," I remark, trying to act unimpressed, but the subtle smile on Lehan's face tells me he sees through the act.

"Well, well, it seems Adira has mastered the art of humility," he teases, handing over the starry-wrapped gift. "Happy birthday, Adi."

I give him a suspicious look. "What's the catch? Last time you were nice, you put a gum on my hair."

Lehan grins, "No catch, promise. Just thought you could use a break from your melodrama. Open the gift and try not to cry."

Meghna interrupts, "Save the drama for your vlogs, Adi. Open it already!"

Rolling my eyes, I unwrap the gift, revealing a quirky mug with the words "World's Okayest Doctor."

Lehan smirks, "Figured it suits you. Now, don't get too emotional; it's just a mug."

I can't help but laugh, i wasn't even mad at him. Maybe, just maybe, having Lehan around isn't the worst thing in the world.