𝐱. 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥

Start from the beginning

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:Rayn °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

I wondered how music could cause so many lives to veer off course.

For a moment, I understood Annabeth's curiosity. The vibrations of their voices made me want to take out my earplugs.

I reached up to take one out, just for a sneak peek, but Percy ran over and slapped my arm away.

Annabeth was pleading with us now, tears streaming down her cheeks. She strained against the ropes, as if they were holding her back from everything she cared about.

How could you be so cruel? She seemed to be asking us. I thought you were my friend.

I stared at the misty island. I tried hard to not look at Annabeth, I managed that for about five minutes.

That was my big mistake.

When I couldn't stand it anymore, I looked back and found a heap of cut ropes.

We had forgotten to disarm her.

I rushed to the side of the boat and saw her paddling madly towards the island. The waves carrying her straight towards the jagged rocks.

I screamed her name but she didn't react, I looked over at Percy who was in shock.

Before he could react, I dived off the boat into the water.

I looked up at Annabeth, a wave caught her between two razor-sharp fangs of rock.

I had no choice, I plunged after her.

I dove under a few ship parts. I managed to avoid the rocks mostly but one sharp rock cut my arm.

When I surfaced, I found myself in a half-moon shaped bay. Percy was already on beside me looking around frantically.

I looked around for Annabeth desperately.

There she was.

Unluckily, she was a strong swimmer. She'd made it past the mines and the rocks. She was almost to the black beach.

Then the mist cleared and I saw the Sirens.

I couldn't hear them, but I could see they were singing. As their mouths moved they turned into people I knew, my dad, my stepmom, my little siblings and Grover. All the people I wanted to see most.

I knew I couldn't let her reach the beach. I swam forward quickly but Percy grabbed her ankle. His eyes widened, and I wasn't sure what was going on.

He pulled Annabeth back into the surf. I couldn't hear her, but I could tell she was screaming. She kicked him in the face which made me giggle, but he held on.

The currents changed and they headed back to the ship. Annabeth was still fighting hard.

They went under, then came back up with a still fighting Annabeth.

Percy pulled her back down into the water. I turned around and saw the Sirens waiting for me on the shore, I don't think they realised I couldn't hear them.