𝐱. 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥

Start from the beginning

She stopped telling the story so I continued, "the Cyclopes had started a fire in the middle of the floor, Annabeth drew her knife but he turned around to us. He spoke to Annabeth, so I stabbed him in the foot. Then Annabeth ran and freed Thalia, she did the rest."

"That was pretty brave," Percy looked at the both of us.

Annabeth shook her head, "we barely got out alive, it was that Cyclopes fault we took so long to get to camp. All the monsters that had been chasing us had time to catch up. That's the real reason she died."

We all laid down on the deck, watching the Hercules constellation rise in the night sky.

"Go below," Annabeth told Percy, "you need some rest."

He nodded and left.

Annabeth and I stayed up for a while, gossiping, practicing fighting and playing slaps.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:Percy °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

I could barely make out the island ahead of us. Just a dark spot in the mist.

"I want you to do me a favour," Annabeth said. "The Sirens... we'll be in range of their singing soon."

I remembered the stories of Sirens singing so beautifully that sailors were lured to their deaths.

"No problem," I assured her. "We can just stop up our ears. There's a big tub of candle wax below deck—"

"I want to hear them."

I blinked. "Why?"

"Are you insane?" Rayn asked her.

"They say the Sirens sing the truth about what you desire. They tell you things about yourself you didn't even realise. That's what's so enchanting. If you survive... you become wiser. I want to hear them. How often will I get that chance?"

Coming from most people, this would've made no sense. But Annabeth being who she was— I guess Sirens appeal to her.

She told us the plan. Reluctantly, we helped her get ready.

As soon as the rocky coastline of the island came into view, I ordered one of the ropes to wrap around Annabeth's waist, tying her to the foremast.

"Don't untie me," she said. "No matter what happens or how much I plead. I'll want to go straight over the edge and drown myself."

"Are you trying to tempt me?"

I got a punch in the arm from Rayn, and my arm went dead.

"Ha-ha." Annabeth said sarcastically.

We promised to keep her secure. Then we shoved candle wax into our ears.

I couldn't hear anything but the rush of blood in my head. As we approached the island, jagged rocks looked out of the fog.

I glanced back. Annabeth seemed totally normal, then she got a puzzled look on her face. Her eyes widened.

She strained against the ropes yelling our names, I think, I could only read her lips.

She seemed so miserable it was hard to not cut her free. I forced myself to look away, I urged the ship to move faster.