❁ The Tale of My Heart- Part One ❁

Start from the beginning

Inside the washroom, there he was. Jin. Looking livid as he mercilessly kicked the two taller but helpless men. Next to him was Kim Namjoon, trying to persuade Seokjin to stop, but Seokjin was out of control. Nobody in the entire Bangtan High dared to face Kim Seokjin's wrath.

Seokjin's face was red as he punched Jinyoung's face, this time drawing blood. "BLOODY FUCKER, HOW DARE YOU TOUCH HIM?! IF I SEE YOU EVEN A THOUSAND MILES NEAR HIM, I'LL MAKE SURE YOU REGRET BEING BORN." He screamed as he aimed to punch the almost unconscious boy, but before he could do anything, his small frame was wrapped by a pair of arms.

"P-please, stop J-jinnie."

That voice.

"I-I'm sure t-they've l-learned their l-lesson."

So deep...

"P-please, let t-them go n-now."

Deeper than the ocean...

As if he cast a spell on him, Seokjin's anger slipped away like a piece of cloth, as he immediately became calm, and reciprocated the hug. He didn't care if Namjoon was soaked, he didn't care if he was getting wet.

"W-what matters the m-m-most is that I-I am o-okay." Seokjin flashed a soft smile, that made Namjoon smile even without trying.

And Seokjin, gosh if he hadn't been held by Namjoon, he would have already fallen. Those deep dimples... And his eyes looked as if he held an entire galaxy in them.

"Sorry to interrupt your little moment, but Jin, what do we do about these two?" Hoseok asked as the boys turned to look at the unconscious bullies, and Seokjin scoffed. "Pfft, these trash? Just hand them and his little dorks over to the Principal or something Hobi. I don't really wanna waste my precious time with shit."

He held Namjoon's hand as he took him to the boy's locker room.

Namjoon noticed something. Seokjin. The boy had been crushing on the shorter male, but he didn't notice that he was so small, almost a head shorter than Namjoon. His waist seemed to fit right in his hands, and their joined hands were like a puzzle piece, that was meant to be together.

"Do you have an extra pair of clothes?" Seokjin asked Namjoon softly, as the taller seemed to come out of his trance and nodded his head, immediately fetching them out and rushing to a nearby washroom to change.

He found Seokjin waiting for him, as he dried his hair with his handkerchief and walked towards the male.

"Y-you're still here?" Namjoon looked surprised, even though he wasn't sure why he would be.

Kim Seokjin, the most popular guy in Bangtan High, waiting for an Unloved Scumbag like me. Why? What would he possibly want from me?

"Yeah, I am." The dark-haired looked up at the taller and larger boy with such glossy brown eyes that Namjoon felt something painful within himself. That looks hurt physically too... "I'm sorry on their behalf Namjoon. I know, a sorry doesn't fix what they did. But still-" "Y-you don't n-need to a-apologize, Jin. It w-wasn't your f-fault. What's d-done is done. A-anyways, t-thank you. I a-appreciate you h-helping me." He gathered his backpack as he proceeded to walk away, a lingering feeling in his chest.

"Wait!"

Namjoon stopped in his tracks, as he turned around to look back at the male. "Could we be, friends?" Namjoon froze, not having an answer to that. He never had a friend in his life, so having the most popular guy ask him to be his friend was honestly-

"I mean, it's okay if you don't wanna be. I can understand. You must be-"

"I-I'd love to b-be your f-friend." He cut Seokjin short, as the latter looked at him with the shiniest eyes, a soft and sweet smile creeping up to his face.