CHAPTER 47

They were all casting glances at each other as Caldor didn't move from the door. He looked at every one of them and finally, his gaze landed on Daya.

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here?" Caldor turned the question back to her.

"I asked first!" Daya told him.

"I'm the Master!"

"Fine!" Daya gave in, "We're escaping the speeches."

"Daya!" Mia complained.

"It's the truth!" Daya looked at her.

"Mhh!" Caldor looked at them, his lips a thin line. "I didn't see you!"

He then loosened his scarf and his upper coat as he walked towards a chair next to them.

"I hate these events." he grunted.

"Seriously?" Mia was in awe.

"Do you want me to change my mind?" Caldor looked at her.

"Look at who's being naughty!" Daya grinned.

"Aren't you supposed to be a representative?" Mia asked instead.

"Yes!" Caldor got comfortable on the single-person couch.

"Won't people notice you're gone?"

Just as they were speaking, Mima showed up. "Alright Caldor, the illusion is set and ready. Everyone is seeing you on stage as per their minds."

"Thank you, Mima. I owe you one." he smiled.

"Gold plates will do." Mima suggested.

"Mima!" Bella looked at her.

"What? He's a rich kid! He's Seth's son." Mima sat beside Bella.

"Just don't!" Finn told her.

"Anyway, I'm just glad to get out of that area... Oof! So many minds!" Mima said,  "Everyone here has an open mind."

"It's because they don't expect a priestess to show up." Finn reminded.

"Ha! More minds for me." Mima cackled.

"How did you know Caldor needed help?" Daya asked. "Like you said, a lot of minds."

"Because he kept shouting in his mind for me to help." Mima told her, "It's hard to miss someone desperate."

"Seth really knows how to pull your strings." Daya laughed.

"This is the first year I got to be free from the event." Caldor laid back. "Please, let me enjoy this."

"Anyway, who wants to drink some booze while reading Caldor's notes?" a bottle of booze appears in Mima's hand, "It's so easy to get booze around here."

Just as their faces lit up in excitement, the door opened to a frowning Eron. After spotting them, his frown grows even more.

"Hi, Eron!" Mia smiled. "Want to join?"

He looked around studying their faces. "No!" he turned to leave slamming the door.

"Mhh! I guess he has another hiding spot." Mia ignored, "So, about Caldor's notes."

Caldor raised his face to look at them and grunted. "Fine!"

He sat up straight and withdrew notes from his coat pockets and pants pockets.

"Who are they from?" Rai asked.

"The girls! The new warriors... You should see what goes on in their minds when they receive their certificates and pass to give you a hand." Mima teased.