CHAPTER 29

Mima and the rest of the people that were at the market had dispersed to go back to the inn. It was a quiet walk back with everyone in their thoughts. The whole town seemed to be quiet that day. Mima had gone straight into the kitchen and she was followed by a few, Daya, Rai, Mia, Finn, and Caldor. The others lounged around seated doing nothing. They had found Daya back at the inn, calm.

"Do you think she's fine?" Daya asked Mima.

"I don't know." Mima said. "In times like this, she has her walls up. It's hard to read."

"I think what she's trying to ask... or specifically what I want to know is if she's going to be alright after this." Finn asked Mima. "You know what happens when something like this happens."

"I don't know, Finn." Mima turned to him. "I don't even want to think about it. This is why I let her travel. So that things like this don't happen. I just hope she doesn't go into depression."

"Isn't she always depressed?" Marie asked. "Sorry, I'm just asking. She's usually quiet and in the past few days she's been more... outgoing."

"Yeah, she's even managed to school Caldor." Daya added just because.

"There was no need for that but Marie does make a point." Caldor commented. "I thought she was always... no offense... depressed."

"That's her minding her own business and that's also her coping being around a lot of people in a community, in an institute specifically." Mima said. "When she's depressed, you'll know... and you'd wish for things to have been different."

"So what do you think will happen? Will she have to disappear again?" Finn asked. "We can't afford that. I can't afford that."

"Maybe we should stop worrying about that now." Mima said. "And please stop asking me about the future. I have a funeral to attend."

"Funeral?" Mia asked.

"I'm not good with funerals." Finny's eyes were sad.

"That's okay, Finn." Mima said.

"Where's this funeral?" Caldor asked.

"Where you almost took her the other day." Mima looked at him and he understood.

"I want to come with." Mia said.

"Me too." Daya and Rai said.

"Then wear white. It's a serpent's fangs funeral." Caldor told them. "And cover your hair too."

"You know this how?" Daya looked at him.

"I have friends." Caldor left for his room.

Soon they were out of the inn all in white. Some had to ask Mima for help with their attires too.

"Rai, why are you wearing a veil?" Marie asked.

"I thought Caldor said we should cover our hair." he looked around.

"He meant the women, sweetie." Mima told him.

"Oh!" he took off his white cloth. "Damn! It was hard fixing it. Anyway."

"Let's just go." Mima said as they walked. "And please do keep to yourself. Keep your distance from Bella."

"Why?" Daya asked.

"Rather than her pushing you away, I'd prefer that, please." Mima said.

"Can we come with?" a serpent's fang girl came by with a few other serpent's fangs.

"Why?" Daya frowned.

"We'd like to help with the water ritual." the girl said.

"Saheeba..." Marie started.