CHAPTER 28

Arabella stormed out of the inn walking, breathing, panicking, terrified, horrified, scared. Mention them all, she was feeling them all. She kept going then stopped and paced and paced and couldn't even see Finn who tried to speak to her, to calm her down, to stop her from pacing. She felt like something stopped the air from going in and out of her lungs.

"Arabella." Finn caught her by the side of her arms after he sped walked in front of her. "Stop!"

"They're going to kill her." she managed to say in a cracking voice.

"Bella."

She finally saw him and turned to the inn where the door was open. "How did this happen?"

"It's my fault. I got distracted." Mima walked to her.
"You're lying. You were never distracted by me." Bella turned searching for Mia. "Mia!"

"Bella." Mima tried to calm her.

"I'm here." Mia came out to her.

"What happened?" Bella glared at her.

"I... we were with her and we took her shopping and we were having fun and she was laughing and giggling and joking around with that sense of humor..."

"What. Happened?" Bella pressed almost angry.

"She was right behind me when I grabbed her an apple and the next thing I knew, she was gone." Mia finished boldly. She knew Bella was already angry with her and this would just make her more resentful.

"She was gone?" Bella asked.

"She was just gone... I tried to look... to find her..."

"And how did that go?"

"I'm sorry."

"Why were you given those eyes if you fail to use them, hawkeye princess?" Bella snapped.

"Arabella!" Mima gave her a warning.

Mia just stepped backward away from her because Arabella was giving her a foul look.

Bella then turned to Mima. "Where is she?" she asked, her voice small like a child. "Tell me you can see her."

"Bella."

"Mima, please." Bella begged.

"It doesn't work like that." Mima told her.

"Now they're quiet? They won't even help."

"Don't insult me." Mima snapped.

"I'm... I'm sorry... I just... tell me you can see something, please." Bella felt small.

"Why don't we all calm down?" Caldor came out to intervene.

"Calm down! Do you know what they do to outsiders here? Do you know what they do to you when they feel threatened by you?" Bella looked at him.

"Why don't we split up and find her?" Caldor said.

Bella shot him a look. "You really like..."

"Bella." Mima snapped back to reality. "You need to find her now." she gave her a serious look. "Now!"

Arabella almost turned to leave but then turned to look at Caldor. "Change of plans, again. If we don't find the girl, I don't come with. If she's hurt, just a scratch, you will leave without me. I will not go anywhere with you. Not after you've wasted my time when I could've been looking after her."

"Okay!" Caldor humbled and Bella left with Finny following behind.

"You have to go." Mima told Caldor.