CHAPTER 16

Mima spotted Bella in the corridor. “Oh! There you are Bella. I need your help. I’m making dinner and I can’t seem to have four hands, would you take this in the last room on the third floor? I’ve been doing this nonstop.” She offered her two buckets of water.

“What happened to the taps?”

“The pump just decided to be a bitch today. I’m planning to get someone to look at it tomorrow.”

“Oh!”

“I hope I’m not interrupting anything.”

Bella took the buckets. “No. I was just looking around.”

Mima walked away. “Great. I’ll send the other two outside the door after you’re done emptying those.”

Bella started her way up the rest of the stairs. She walked to the last room as directed and opened the door. It wasn't locked apparently. She headed straight to the bathroom after not finding anyone inside the room. She poured the first bucket then the second. She went down the stairs again and found the other two buckets halfway. She did the same with them. She did it over and over until the tub was full.

“I really need to go see what’s wrong with that pump.” She said under her breath, panting.

She walked out of the bathroom and almost squirmed to see Caldor inside the room. He was...not wearing his shirt, his hair was let loose on one side as he struggled to deal with the wounds on the other side of his upper shoulder. His tattoos were a pleasant sight to drool at. Which of course, she was controlling herself from doing.

I mean, don’t tell me you didn’t find him attractive.

I find him arrogant and frustrating.

She remembered her conversation with Mia.

He’s arrogant. He’s frustrating.

She told herself.

Arrogant and frustrating. Arrogant…frustrating…good-looking...so very good-looking and gorgeous.

“I didn’t wanna disturb you while you were at it.” He didn't spare a look at her.

He means the bathroom, right? The bathroom, of course. not me staring at him, just the bathroom.

Arrogant. Arrogant.

Her thoughts were all over the place.

“I...uhm...” She gathered herself and Caldor turned to look at her. “It’s okay. Mima sent me up here.”

“That explains.” He kept himself busy with the ointment, clearly dismissing her.

Frustrating.

She walked towards the door then stopped after noting his struggles.

Frustrating. Clearly, frustrating.

Curse the devil that pushes her...

I’m clearly frustrated.

She asked, “Do you need help with that?”

Finalized, I’m the frustrating one...and frustrated.

He sighed in relief. “Oh great. I really do.” He placed the bottle on the table.

She put the buckets outside and walked to him.

It’s no big deal. It’s no big deal, I’m just helping.

She assured herself.

Caldor sat on the chair and leaned his elbows on the knees, exposing his back after removing his hair out of the way.