CHAPTER 10

"It... it wasn't me. I swear it wasn't me..." there was panic in Arabella's voice and Caldor just glared at her carefully. "I... I don't know what happened..."

Arabella kept gazing from the librarian's body on the ground to herself covered in blood. Her heart was thumping in her chest that she thought it would shutter her vessels. She was afraid... and not of the body on the ground or the blood in her skin or her hair or her dress, she was afraid of how everyone there was looking at her. She was afraid of how Caldor was looking at her, considering he didn't even like her.

An ear-piercing scream was heard from a corner in the library and it took all their attention. They all turned to look at the side where the screams were coming from.

"Minerva!" Bella realized. She ran in that direction and they followed behind her to find Minerva on the floor screaming with her eyes closed. "Minerva." She squatted next to her.

"No! No! Don't touch me! Nooo!" she screamed, cried even. "Please don't hurt me!" she kicked and thrashed at Bella and Bella jumped back.

"Minerva..."

"Stay away from me!" Minerva opened her eyes and screamed hysterically after she saw the blood-covered Bella. "Stay away from me! You monster! Stay away from me!" she screamed.

Arabella was just left dumbfounded and Caldor went beside Minerva to calm her.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Bella defended. "I didn't do anything... I don't know why she's..."

"Miss, we need you to come with us." One of the men spoke.

"Why?" Bella asked confused.

"Miss... Please!" He said.

"You... you don't actually think I did this?" Bella said as she realized.

"Come with us!" another one stood in front of her then another then another and they looked like they were not going to back away.

Arabella knew if she refuses, it would just end badly. She would just look guilty. She looked at Minerva who looked shaken up holding onto Caldor. Minerva has never been shaken up before. She was always a happy girl even when the others picked on her, nothing seemed to bother her but this shook the shit out of her.

"Okay! I'll come and give my statement. I didn't do anything." Bella told them calmly and they took her and walked her out of the library as another man also took Minerva and the others the librarian's body.

"Master Clint! Shall we?" they asked holding onto Bella.

"Sure!" Caldor just said without thinking.

They walked out of the library and down the hallways and a lot of stairs until it was finally dark and went down a hallway again. Bella was too taken up in her thoughts and shock that she didn't notice anything around her.

"Ms. Heydar!" Caldor snapped her out of her thoughts as they walked.

"Mhh!" she responded.

"Tell me the truth." He said.

"What truth?" she asked flatly.

"Of what happened?"

"I was studying, I fell asleep then... Minerva, she woke me up to go to bed then the librarian, she woke me up to... I don't know..." It just came and went like flashes. "I don't fully remember. She was saying something but... I don't... It's all so confusing... but I didn't do..."

Before she could finish her vague statements, she felt them push her forward and felt herself being stripped of her powers. She collapsed on the ground. She got to her knees and searched inside herself and she felt it, nothing. She felt her head pound and a surge of both dizziness and nausea at the same time. She felt sick to her core.