War and Peaceville

Beginne am Anfang

"There's the mustache," Kin points to another picture, back to smirking.

Laney sighs deeply, making a mental note that saying nothing does not decrease her overall embarrassment.

The photo was a simple head-shot of a young lady with a rockin' 'stashe and a large hat with a few fascinators.

Laney slumps forward, "Yeahhh, that's my great grandma Janey."

Everyone gives Laney a look.

"She was in the circus," Laney simpers.

Corey tilts the book towards himself for another look at a piece of history, "Anyway, it's going to be awesome to rock that anthem a hundred years after great grandpappy Riffin wrote it."

A hand snatches the photo book out of Corey's clutch.

"Go play in a hole, Corey," Trina scoffs at him, Mina right at her side with her hands on her hips like she did something but she didn't. She holds the scrap book closer to her, "We only need one Riffin today."

She turns to the next page, "Me!"

The only photo on the page was of Cylus Riffin and an unmistakably dorky man in a bow-tie and suspenders giving each other a side hug, grinning widely at the other. Underneath scribes, 'Cylus & Brick'.

"Nick Mallory are reenacting the town hug-" she shuts the book closed, "-and I don't want it spoiled with Groj-noise."

Trina points an accusatory finger at her brother.

Corey stands up from his seat.

The rest of Grojband all stand behind Corey, all with their hands crossed and bitter expressions.

He points his finger at her as well, "A hug may have started Peaceville, but the next hundred years will be a foundation of ROCK."

Corey holds out both of his hands in rock-on gestures.

The band walks out of the garage satisfied with the burn with Corey trailing behind, still holding the gesture at his older sister.

Corey takes a step back and shakes his hand to emphasize his point. He then turns it into an 'I'm watching you' gesture.

Trina growls, "Corey's not ruining my Nick-hugging! Today's about my family history!"

"Don't you have the same family history?" Mina queries.

"MINA!" Trina gapes back at her and winces, "...ew."

_____________________________________

Wicked Cool Transition

_____________________________________

At the edge of town, Mayor Mellow has gathered, or forced everyone not doing anything in particular that day, in front of a make-shift stage, where Kon stands behind with his drum set him ready for any cues.

"Happy hundredth birthday Peaceville!" Mayor Mellow yells into the crowd, sporting a red sash with a gold ribbon, "You don't look a day after ninety-nine!"

He motions to the metal container beside him, "We're going to open your presents, sing you a song, and bring back the embrace that started the place," he then raises his arms to the statue of Cylus Riffin and Brick Mallory.

_____________________________________

"I'm Buzz Newsworthy."

"And I'm Chance Happening," she smirks at her cohost, "'What's all this about a hug?' you ask."