Uncontrollable Guilt

ابدأ من البداية

As he says that, his back slides down the wall and he sits on the ground. I join him and sit cross legged in front of him. I put my hand on his knee. “Wes, you’re going to be an amazing dad someday, I don’t doubt it for a second, but now is not the right time. You’re on XFactor right now! What if you guys win and get signed? You, Drew and Keaton have come so far and I want you to follow your dreams without having to worry about me and a baby. I just want to do what’s best for us. So if you want to show me how supportive you can be, then you’ll help me through this.”

By time I finish speaking Wes has calmed down and stopped crying. “I’m sorry, Tori.” He whispers.

“You don’t have to be sorry.” I say sweetly. “Like you said before, we can do this together. I love you, Wesley.”

Finally, the smile I’d been waiting to see appears on his face. “I love you too, Tori.” He stands and helps me up. He wraps his arms around me and for a second, I feel like everything is actually going to work out. Then we pull away and he asks, “So what do we do now?”

“I guess we have to make an appointment.”

I wait to see if he’s going to argue back this time but he remains calm. “Okay. I’ll call.”

“Thank you.” He just smiles and leads me back to bed. He whips out his phone and googles the number to my doctor’s office. He speaks with a lady just in time because she was about to leave. When he gets off the phone, he turns to me and says, “Tuesday at 8.”

Wow, that’s only three days away. He pulls me close to him and I instantly get comfortable. Usually I would fall asleep right away but right now I feel so guilty. Basically everything I just said to him was a lie. I could handle having a baby right now but only if it was his and not Drew’s. So this is my only option. I just hope that everything goes according to plan.

DREW POV

It’s 6 in the morning. I lay awake in bed just staring at ceiling. Today’s the day, the day all of my problems will go away and everything can go back to normal. I won’t have to worry about lying or keeping secrets anymore. Even though this all seems like it’s going to work out for the best, I still couldn’t sleep through the night. I woke up at 5 and I’ve been laying here for an hour.

Finally, I decide to get up and do something to get my mind off things. What would be a better way than going to the gym? I throw on a tank and some shorts and sneak down the hallway. I pass Wesley’s room knowing that Tori is in there with him. I guess because the appointment’s so early today he wanted her to stay here last night. She told me all about this through text yesterday.

I eventually get to the gym at around 6:30 and I immediately start working out. I start with a little run on the treadmill and then make my way over to the weights. I’m so focused at watching my form in the mirror that I don’t even realize someone creeping up behind me.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and look at the person’s reflection. Of course it has to be the one person I really don’t want to see, Hailey. I put down my weight and turn around, “Hailey? Are you like stalking me or something?”

“No, Drew.” She says fixing her bag on her shoulder. “I teach a class here every Tuesday morning. Don’t you remember? This is where we met.”

That’s right. Hailey used to teach many fitness classes here and that’s what made me feel an instant connection towards her in the first place. Eventually she cut down her number of classes and she only teaches on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and that’s the exact reason why I’ve avoided coming here at those specific times. I guess I must have forgotten today. “Oh yeah. Sorry.” I say as I go to turn back around.