From behind Rufus, one of the interns he paraded around let out a laugh, which he quickly hid with a pretend cough and outstretched hand. 

Rufus looked Aveline up and down as if he was seeing her for the first time.

"Who are you again?" The man asked, in a tone of disbelief. 

Aveline smiled kindly, though behind it was a very evident fuck you ready to fall of her lips. She held out her hand, "Aveline Rosier, Sir." 

A look of panic flashed through the mans eyes that he quickly composed with displeasure. She watched as he turned to one of his interns, barking something about taking Fabian to the interrogation room.

"Why don't the four of you come join me in my office?" the man said, and this time his tone was much more kind, as if was trying to balance the waters he just so confidently stirred up. 

____

Aveline was certainly not in Rufus's office for a cup of tea. But tea seemed to be the only thing the man could provide, as they awkardly sat in silence with a plate of dry biscuits between them. He had asked them to provide the details of their story one more time, and after they so agreebly did he asked them to sit till they had the evidence back from interrogation.

The rest of her friends were sipping their tea politley though Aveline sat in her chair, brewing with a rage so intense all she could was stare daggers into Rufus's forehead. The man seemed to notice, pretending to take great interest in observing the roof to avoid the girls eyes.

The door suddenly barged open with force, in strolling Alastor Moody with the type of confidence that usually fell off of him in waves.

"Alastor—" Rufus began, standing up from his seat.

Aveline nearly jumped as Moody slammed his hand down of Rufus's desk with so much force the floor shook. 

"You disrespect my students, you disrespect me,"  Alastor grumbled at the man. 

Rufus seemed to be a shaking leaf, his face in disbelief as he began shaking his head. "It was a misunderstanding—"

"Misunderstanding?!  I could have taken one look at that polyjuiced Fabian Prewett and told ya it was A FAKE! Which by the way, YOU TOLD THEM TO TAKE A DEATH EATER TO THE NURSING WING— " 

"Now Alastor we can discuss this in a civil—" 

"You are not to disrespect my students again do you understand me?" Alastor barked, waving his finger at Rufus.

Part of Aveline felt bad for the guy, as much as he was a useless prick having to deal with some of the most hotheaded witches and wizards in all of London had to be taking years off his life. 

"Certainly Alastor. Certainly,"  Rufus stammered nodding his head. "We can chat about this— 

"You four,"  Alastor cut Rufus off, turning to the four teenagers. "With me. NOW!" 

With that the man stormed out of the office with just as much fury as he came in, not even bothering to look behind him to see if they were following him out. The four jumped out of their seats, giving Rufus a tight lipped smile before nearly sprinting after Moody. 

Moody seemed to cut through the office like a knife. He most defintely was one of those people, that people threw themselves out of his path when he walked through a room. Marlene, Aveline, James and Sirius trailed after the man, till they caught to his office where he angrily threw open the door that slammed with a loud bang. 

For a moment he did not say anything, he simply just paced, back and fourth with a hand on his chin. 

Moody's office was barren to say the least. Nothing more then a ministry stapler on his desk, and a stack of papers. There was no attempt at making the place feel homey with a plant or perhaps a poster. All that was in the room was the ministry furniture and a layer of dust that said the man clearly did not spend much time in the office. 

"Sir—" James tried. 

"Who was the other one?" Moody began, turning to Aveline with an intense look. "The other twin?" 

Aveline gulped, odd feelings of guilt swirling in the pit of her stomach. "Evan Rosier," she told him, and she had to force the name out of her throat. 

She knew it was a crime to lie to ministry officals, and she knew her brother was a criminal, but something about saying his name felt so wrong.  Despite it all, the desire to protect him still ached in her chest. 

"Mckinnon, Black, Potter you are to join the rest of the Order and search for the Prewett twins," Alastor began.

"Search?"  Marlene interjeted. "You mean they are missing?" 

Alastor nodded as if it was no big deal. "The search team is assembling at headquarters. I have also sent out aurors from the deparment. You are to do whatever they need of you do you understand?" 

The three of them nodded their heads eagerly. 

"Go. NOW!"  Alastor barked with a wave of his hand.

They all knew better then to leave Alastor waiting, so Marlene, James and Sirius left the room in a rush, leaving Aveline with a pittied look.  Part of Aveline wanted to interject, to demand that she be sent with her friends on the search, but if there was one thing Aveline had learnt about Alastor, it was that you did not interrupt him when he was thinking. 

Moments later the door squeeked open, the head of Kingsley Shacklebolt peaking in. 

Aveline felt herself smile. Kingsley had been a Gryffindor a few years her senior at Hogwarts, from what she remebered he had always been a kind individual and both James and Sirius had been thrilled when they learned he also worked under Moody at the ministry. 

"You called for me?" Kingsley asked, stepping in the room and giving Aveline a nod. 

"Yes," Alastor answered, finally turning around out his train of thought. "I need you to go with Rosier." 

Kingsley and Aveline exchanged a look, both of them not entirely sure where exactly Alastor needed them to go.

"Rosier," he contunied, locking his beady eye on her. "I assume you can still make your way around Rosier Mansion?"

Aveline felt her stomach twist, but nonethless she forced herself to nod her head.

"Great," Moody stated, reaching into his pockets and fumbling for something. Moments later he pulled out a pair of silver handcuffs, tossing them to her in a smooth throw. "Now bring me your brother." 

Without saying anything else the man stormed out of the room, leaving Aveline with her jaw slighly dropped staring at the pair of silver cuffs in her hand.