12) Teams

"The contestants are pouring in one after the other! Let's hear some applause for all our competitors as we prepare the results!" Present Mic announced and I watched the rest of the finishers trickle in.

"Deku!" Uraraka's voice caught my attention. "That was amazing!" She approached Midoriya.

"Oh, thank you," Midoriya thanked his friend.

"Ah, I'm so jealous you got first place!" She exclaimed standing next to him.

"Ah, it was nothing," Midoriya blushed and wrapped his arms around his head to hide it from the brunette. I smiled at their interaction. I watched Yaoyorozu enter the stadium with Mineta holding onto her back and decided to walk over and help her out with the little parasite.

"Hey, Yaoyorozu," I greeted her as I approached. She looked up and saw me. She looked exhausted and her shirt was open at the front.

"F/n? Were you ahead of me?" She asked confused while still panting. I scratched the back of my neck sheepishly.

"Uh, yeah I guess so," She looked deflated. "Do you need some help there?" I asked pointing at Mineta still hanging on her back. She looked at the boy on her back before turning back to me.

"Yes please," I smiled and she turned around allowing me to yank the little creep off her back and toss him to the side unceremoniously. "Thanks," She panted.

"No problem, we should probably get you a new shirt though considering these things are still on it," I pointed at the balls that were a product of Mineta's Quirk.

MINETA MINORU: QUIRK- POP OFF. MINETAA'S QUIRK ALLOWS HIM TO PRODUCE AND PLUCK BALL-SHAPED OBJECTS FROM HIS HEAD. THESE BALLS ARE INCREDIBLY STICKY BUT MINETA DOESN'T STICK TO THEM.

"Don't bother, I can just make a new one," She stripped the rest of the shirt and dropped it to the ground. She pulled a shirt, a replica of the one she just tossed, from her arm and threw it on.

YAOYOROZU MOMO: QUIRK- CREATION. MOMO'S QUIRK GIVES HER THE ABILITY TO CREATE ANY NON-LIVING ITEM WITH THE LIPIDS FROM HER BODY. TO CREATE SOMETHING SHE NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THE MOLECULAR STRUCTURE OF THE ITEM FIRST.

"The first game for the first years is finally over," Ms. Midnight got the attention of everyone once all the contestants had gathered back in. "and what a game it was. Now, let's take a look at the standings, shall we?" The screens displayed a ranking chart. Midoriya was 1st, of course, Todoroki was 2nd, Bakugo was 3rd, I came 4th, and a girl from class B with green hair was 5th. That was just the top 5. "Only the top 44 will advance to the next round. But don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut, we've prepared other opportunities for you to shine." That's cool. At least the people who didn't make it could do something other than watch the winners continue. "Now the real fun is about to start, the chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight! Give it your best!" She gestured to the screen again and it began to cycle through more challenges. "Let's see what we have in store for you next, will your wildest fantasies come to life? What could it be? The waiting is torture, prepare yourselves for this," The screen stopped on Cavalry Battle.

"Cavalry battle!? I'm terrible at those!" Kaminari exclaimed. Well, I know who I'm not teaming up with.

"Huh, it's not an individual event, I wonder how they'll split us up," Tsu said.

"Allow me to explain," The screen changed and displayed a picture of All Might sitting on the arms of Thirteen, Snipe, and Present Mic. I giggle at the image of the large man being held up. "The participants will form teams of 2 to 4 people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a regular playground game, but there is one difference." I listened intently, already formulating a plan to make this work. "Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course."