4) Patrol

Every breath was hell and the cold rainy air didn't help ease any of the pain.

.

.

.

Sweat, rain, and blood dripped off my body as I trudged my way through the dark empty streets.

.

.

.

Feathers receded into my skin and my feet changed back from my talons leaving my bare skin to slap the wet pavement further adding to the pain.

.

.

.

Finally finding the right place I stepped up the stairs and lazily rang the doorbell with the last of my energy leaving me to collapse to the porch.

.

.

.

The last thing I remembered was a concerned voice.

.

.

.

Toshinori's concerned voice.

.

.

.

Wake up please.

.

.

.

F/n, wake up

.

.

F/n, get up

.

"F/n, you'll be late, get up!" Toshinori's voice pulled me from my nightmare. Groggly I opened my eyes and came face to face with my stuffed animals. It may seem stupid and childish but I can't sleep without hugging something, whether that's a stuffed animal or a pillow. I rolled over and slunk out of my bed and onto the floor, wishing I could stay in its comfort. "F/n!" Toshinori stuck his head into my room and found me face down on the floor. "Are you okay?" He asked. I groaned and turned my head to give him a tired glare. "Well, you're up, I guess. Get ready, you have school in 30 minutes." He shrugged and walked away. He probably understood that I was just tired from last night's patrol when I stayed out too late after wrapping up a hostage situation at a bank.

I pushed myself up from the floor and dragged my feet to my bathroom to wash away my sleepy mood. I looked at myself in the mirror and scowled. My neck, that's normally covered in wraps to protect me in battle, had a dark red hand print now turning blue and purple. I would have to cover this up with something before I went to school. I gingerly touched the spot on my neck and coughed when I realized just how sensitive it was. My throat felt dry and swollen as well. Rolling my eyes at my stupidity last night I turned on the water to my shower making sure it was scorching hot before getting in and washing off last night.

I felt loads better after my shower and hurried to get dressed and wrap my neck in some bandages to cover the mark. I grabbed my bag, rushed out the door with Toshinori, and drove to the school. This time he couldn't walk inside with me so he gave me a ten-minute head start before getting out of the car himself. He hadn't even asked about the wraps around my neck most likely already knowing I had some kind of injury I had to cover up. I ran through the halls and reached the large class 1-A door just in time. I opened the door and took my seat at the back behind Uraraka. Once I was situated I laid my head on my arms, still tired from this morning.