Chapter 24 - From The Jump

' I know this sounds cliché
But I was in love with you from the first sight,
Like a moth drawn to a flame,
And I knew in another life,
I would find you and hold you,
Remember I told you I'd never let go, baby. '

'From the Jump' - James Arthur

*****************************

It was 5pm and James had spent pretty much the whole day getting to re-know Emily and getting to know his son Alex, his feelings for Emily had once more reignited, but he knew he would have to take things at Emily's pace, as a lot had happened in the time they had been apart.

He wanted to respect her wishes of putting Alex first and he fully understood and agreed with it, he didn't want to scare her off, but hoped that over time with their bonding with Alex, she would gradually come around to the idea of maybe starting to see one another again.

James wanted to invite Emily and Alex back home to the UK to meet his family. Despite what had happened between him and his Mother in the past, he knew that she would be ecstatic to have a grandchild and his Father would enjoy taking his grandson to see Middlesborough play in their football matches.

In time, he hoped that she would move back to the UK to live with him, as it seemed to make the most sense to him, but that was a long way off and for now, and the 4 remaining days he had left in Alaska, he planned to make the most of every minute he could with both Emily and Alex.

"Are you still planning on making dinner for Rick and Tom this evening?" James asked Emily from watching Alex as he now slept in his basinet on the couch. Emily was currently loading her dishwasher in the kitchen; Alex seemed to find the gentle hum from it soothing when napping. She looked up over the black marble kitchen island, a bowl in her hand.

"Unless you guys have other plans, I don't want to get in the way of them."

She turned back and placed the bowl in the rack, sliding in the rack and shutting the door, switching on the the dishwasher and turning to rest her back against the appliance as she heard it starting to fill up with water.

"Well, I was thinking of going back to my hotel and grabbing a shower and changing, I'd like to have dinner, even if they have other plans. I was going to mention the idea to them when I got back to Captain Hook."

"Ok, well. I have some chores I need to get done whilst Alex is down for a nap, so message me when you get back and have a chance to talk to Rick and Tom and let me know how many to expect." She smiled at James and walked back around to the lounge area to check on Alex.

"What time would you like me back?"

"Oh. Are you expecting to be allowed back in, are you?" She teased him, and he laughed.

"Well. I'm coming back. it just depends if you'll let me back in."

"Of course I will. What about 7pm? Or is that too late?"

"Sounds good. I'll be back. Want to say goodnight to my son."

"Alex will probably be asleep then. Fingers crossed. He's teething at the moment, so he's a little unsettled at times, but of course, I'll let you say goodnight to him. "

"Great. I'll see you later then and find out what the other two's plans are. Don't make anything too fancy, I don't want to put you out."

"Honestly, It's no problem. It's nice to have someone to cook for again." She blushed slightly at her words, and James noticed.

"Oh. I'll probably need your number again." He laughed, remembered how Lacey had seemingly previously deleted Emily's number from his phone.

He walked up to her and she wondered what he was about to do, when he reached not his trouser pocket and pulled out his phone.