Chapter 12- Love on the Weekend

It's a Friday, we finally made it
I can't believe I get to see your face
You've been workin', and I've been waitin'
To pick you up and take you from this place
Love on the weekend
Love on the weekend
Like only we can
Love on the weekend
Love on the weekend
I'm comin' up, and I'm lovin' every minute of it... "

'Love on the Weekend' - John Mayer

************************************

**Emily and Emma**

"Em! It's so good to see you! Jay and Shan have been keeping me up to date with your pregnancy and what you've been up to. You look so good. I heard you had a little boy?" Emma greeted Emily with a huge smile and a quick-fire round of questions as she approached; a glass of champagne in either hand.

'Thanks, Emma. Yeah, I did." Emily brushed some hair back from her face. "I had a little boy and called him Alex."

"Aww, that's a lovely name. How old is he now?"

"He just turned 6 months. He's just started being a little terror, so this short break is more than welcome." Emily laughed.

"Here. I got you a champagne before they're all gone. You're able to have one now, aren't you?"

"I am, but to be honest, this will probably be my first drink since I found out I was pregnant and gave birth, so go easy on me, Emma. I don't want to be showing Shannon up. Don't think that would go down too well." Emily reached out and took one of the champagne flutes from Emma, taking a small sip from it as she did so.

Letting out a small moan, and slightly rolling her eyes back at the fizzy sensation she hadn't realised she so missed, she allowed the bubbles to fill her mouth and dissipate with delicate pops on her tongue.

"Jesus Christ! This might just be better than sex! Don't tell Shan I said that." She whispered, instantly covering her mouth once she realised the words that had escaped her mouth and glanced over in his direction. He looked up from talking to Troy and met her gaze, allowing a soft smile to graze his lips.

Emma laughed and snorted, causing a couple of people nearby to turn their gaze to the two of them. "I won't. Don't worry." She mimicked, zipping her mouth.

"Actually. I-I'm a little nervous about that aspect of our relationship." Emily lowered her voice and shyly told Emma.

"What aspect?"

"Our sex life. Well, actually. Lack of it recently."

"Look. Let's go outside. I could do with getting some air." Emma softly reached out with a hand and cupped one of Emily's elbows, gently guiding her towards the back of the room, to where Emily was surprised to find a pair of glass doors which opened out onto an expansive patio area.

"Wow! I had no idea this establishment was this big. I'm so pleased for Shannon."

"I know, right? He deserves his own big break, away from Jared's shadow." Emma quickly looked at her watch." I think Shan's due to give his speech in about 15, so we have enough time to talk about what's bothering you before then."

Emma led Emily over to a quiet, more secluded part of the patio area, where there was a nice, big, linen covered couch with a small glass table set before it. They both sat down.