Chapter 4 - Aquainted

" You got me touchin' on your body
You got me touchin' on your body
To say that we're in love is dangerous
But, girl, I'm so glad we're acquainted, oh
I got you touchin' on your body
I know I'd rather be complacent
But, girl, I'm so glad we're acquainted
We're acquainted." 

'Aquainted' - The Weeknd
************************************

The warm sunlight flooded through the blinds in Emily's bedroom and landed on her face, the heat soothing her and making her smile.

She was now 32 weeks along and was really wanting to see her baby boy.

"Only a month to go, Little One." She muttered to herself as she rolled onto her back and caressed the small mountain that was her bump.

Smiling down at the mini molehill, she turned her head and glanced across at the red illuminated numbers of her alarm clock and realised she had an extra half an hour before she would have to get up and start getting ready for her prenatal appointment at half past 10.

She stretched. At least it looked as though the weather was about to play ball for the day, although it was now November, so she knew there would be a chill to the air.

Reaching out to her side table, she plucked up her phone and scrolled through her Instagram. She felt Alex kick suddenly and laughed, deciding to take a quick video of him wriggling and uploading it to her account.

'Someone's active today, shame I can't feel the same. Got my 32 week appointment today. Only 4 weeks to go now until I can finally hold my Baby Boy in my arms.'

Her phone alarm suddenly went off, shortly followed by her alarm clock, and she knew she was going to have to give up the warmth and cosiness of her bed in exchange for a shower and breakfast.

Just before she got out of bed, her phone went again, and she saw she had a text from Kali.

'Hey Em,

I'm not going to be able to make your appointment today. I'm sorry.

Tyler had an emergency and had to swap shifts with me.

Dinner later, though?

Let me know if you feel up to it. Xx'

Emily was a little sad that Kali couldn't make her appointment this morning, as today they would be running through her birthing plan and she would have liked someone who had been through it all before, to have been there with her, as she wasn't sure if she knew everything she should be asking.

'That's OK. I fully understand. I'll be fine.

Dinner sounds good, but I'll let you know later. I may feel too tired.

Hope you have a good day.
Xxx'

*****************************

Emily dressed in a red and white striped, stretch bodycon dress that was off the shoulder and had capped sleeves. She found a navy chunky-knit cardigan to wear with it and pulled it on, deciding to go with a nautical theme for the day.

Throwing her hair into a loose, long side platt and fixing it with a small red bow, she quickly made a bowl of granola, topping it with some strawberry yoghurt, and wolfed it down.