Chapter 14

Chapter 14
The End Of The Beginning

"I feel like I'm fading in life," I mumbled as I woke up on January 1st, 2024. It was weird that the first day of the year also fell on the first day of the week. What were the chances? I was still feeling the buzz from New Year's Eve, but just so you know, I don't drink alcohol because I'm underage. Sometimes, though, life itself can make me feel high.

Anyway, back to the story. I got a message from school reminding me about our pre-board exams starting on January 2nd. It felt like a reality check hitting me after all the celebrations. It's like life was saying, "Hey, wake up! Time to get serious."

As the chilly winds wrapped around us, we dived into the world of pre-board exams. The first one, Hindi, felt like a breeze. But the second? I can't recall it now. All I know is, after that one, we got a long winter break because it was freezing outside.

During those breaks, chatting with Freya and Kai was like finding a cozy spot in the midst of a storm. Their words brought peace and warmth, making the cold weather feel a little less harsh. It was like taking a break from all the stress and just enjoying the company of friends.

In the middle of everything, there's this cool person named Raeliana. She's like a burst of energy, always bringing fun wherever she goes. And then there's my female best friend, Xoe-Xoe. She's been there for me through thick and thin, but right now, she's taking a break because of exams.

Don't worry, though. Even though Xoe-Xoe is busy with school stuff, she's still my friend. And I know when she's done with her exams, we'll pick up right where we left off, like nothing ever changed.

In our school days, there's this buddy of mine, Kai. If you ask me how we clicked so well, honestly, I couldn't tell you. We just did. Looking back, there wasn't anything special that brought us together. It just happened, like fate had a hand in it.

We didn't plan it. We didn't have some big reason to become friends. We just kinda started talking, and before we knew it, we were inseparable. It's funny how life works like that, huh?

But now, Kai's moving to another school. It's a bummer, for sure. But like Taylor Swift sings, "this is just the beginning, not the end." So, even though things are changing, I know our friendship will still be there, no matter what. It's like the first chapter of a book-it's just the start of our story.

Dear readers, In the quiet corners of my heart, where my feelings hide behind silent words, I want to share something with you. This book might not become as famous as Romeo and Juliet, and you know what? That's totally okay with me. It's not meant for everyone; it's meant for that one special person who will truly understand it, even if I haven't met them yet.

You know those anime shows where the characters go on a training time skip? Well, that's what I'm about to do. I need to take a break from writing for a bit to focus on my exams and my life. But don't worry, I promise I'll be back before you know it.

Every great story seems to have a time skip, right? So, why not mine? It's like hitting the pause button on life for a little while, giving myself time to grow and learn before jumping back into the action.

As January comes to a close, I can't help but feel like I'm stuck in some kind of in-between place, you know? Like I'm living in death, but not really living at all. It's a strange feeling, but I know that it's just temporary.

So, dear readers, I'm taking this time to focus on myself and my journey. But rest assured, the story doesn't end here. There are still many chapters left to write, and I can't wait to share them with you.

...Maybe I am living in death.

...to be continued.