Chapter 5

Chapter 5
The end and the beginning

As I think back on everything that's happened in my life, I realize you, Amber, might not get to the end of my story. Maybe you didn't have the chance to read all the words I wrote, but it's comforting to think that you marked a favorite part of mine with a folded corner.

As I go through my feelings and deal with being alone, I hold onto the memory of us being friends. Your friendship was like a bright spot in the dark, showing me that there are kind and caring people out there.

Even if you never finish my story, know that you'll always have a special place in it. You reminded me of the beauty of connection and understanding. As I keep writing my life's chapters, I'll always remember our friendship as something precious.

In July, schools opened again after a long time, and I felt hopeful stepping back into the classroom. But things felt different. People seemed distant, and I started doubting myself. Was I imagining things, or was everyone really being cold?

I felt scared and unsure of myself, especially because of past experiences with bullying. I wanted someone to reach out and be a friend, but it felt like there was a wall separating me from everyone else.

I started feeling bitter and resentful, wondering if I'd ever find real friendship. But then, Kai and Jade reached out to me. Their kindness made a big difference, and we became friends.

With Kai's support, I faced my exams and did well. Their friendship was like a light in the darkness for me.

Then, in October, I got sick with Dengue fever and spent my birthday alone in the hospital. It was a lonely time, but it also made me realize how to be okay with being alone.

In December, the loneliness felt even worse. School wasn't the same, and I struggled to find joy in anything. But Kai was always there for me, and their friendship kept me going.

As the New Year came, I still felt empty inside. School was boring, and I couldn't shake off the feeling of being disconnected from everything.

When exams came in March, they added to the pressure I was already feeling. And after they were over, I had too much free time to think about how empty I felt.

I wondered if I'd ever be able to feel emotions again, and if my friendships with Kai and Jade would survive. The future felt uncertain, and I didn't know what would happen next.

So, that's where I am now, standing on the edge of uncertainty, hoping to find my way back to feeling something again. Will my friendships hold up? Only time will tell.

To be continued...