Chapter 10

Chapter-10
W

hispers in the

Empty halls

"The world is so full, there should always be a reason to stay," I thought to myself on the first day of July, as the school year began again. But for me, school was like a stage I didn't want to be on anymore. I felt a strong dislike for it, like a bitter feeling in my heart. Little did I know, something unexpected was about to change everything.

On July 3rd, Freya didn't come to school, making the start of the new term feel empty. But in her absence, friends like Kai became my support, helping me through the challenges ahead. The days at school, with their usual routine, suddenly changed when Freya came back on July 7th.

Seeing her again after a few days made me feel so many different things—happy, embarrassed, excited, shy, and nervous all at once. For someone who usually kept their emotions hidden, this journey into feelings was surprisingly nice.

As days went by, I learned more about Freya's daily routine. Her early arrivals gave us a chance to meet secretly before others arrived. Wanting to keep our talks private, I made sure to be punctual, turning my daily routine into a secret dance in the school halls.

Talking to Freya became the best part of my day. She was kind, humble, and had a bit of innocence that made everything brighter. Even though I knew I could never tell her how I felt, I decided to treasure our bond and keep it safe in my heart.

One night, as I looked up at the stars and watched shadows dance on my ceiling, I realized something. "Yes, the world's full, full of empty people like me, so here I am out of reasons to stay."

To be continued...